Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Newest update of Spotify crashes when opened

Newest update of Spotify crashes when opened

Recently, the Spotify desktop app updated and now whenever I try to open it, a window appears saying 'Spotify has stopped working'.

This is really frustrating as I used to be able to uninstall and then reinstall Spotify to use it but now it closes itself and updates and the same thing happens. 

Any solutions?

Here is the problem details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Spotify.exe
Application Version: 1.0.42.151
Application Timestamp: 58204741
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23392
Fault Module Timestamp: 56eb2fb9
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 0000845d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

11 Replies

hey there @esmee, sorry to hear that,

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • clear the cache for the app.
  • i would suggest a fresh re-install of flash which you can do here.
  • check your firewall settings to see if spotify is blocked - turning off your antivirus briefly can isolate that issue.
  • try listening on a different device to see if the same problem occurs.

Unfortunately none of these solutions worked. Tried to run in compatibility mode but that failed as well. 

Do a full clean reinstall of spotify. This should solved the problem. If it fails, try to run it on compatible mode.

The same thing happening with me. When I install it, the first time it works, then after I re-start Spotify, it gives me the error message. I have tried doing a clean re-install and everything else but nothing's working for me.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: spotify.exe
Application Version: 1.0.39.157
Application Timestamp: 57fb73bd
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Are you running on windows OS? If yes, have you try running it on compatible mode? If it is linux, i may not be the right person to assist you. Furthermore, it is spotify bug; it just keep crash and duplicate to multiple similar process it just keeps going on a infinite loop.

Have tried running in compatiblity mode, doesn't work. Tried clean reinstall also, still no use. I am running Windows 7. 

Try this:
1. Uninstall spotify
2. Restart your laptop/PC
3. Install spotify
4. Try run it
5. If fail, try compatible mode

I've tried all that, I had to re-install Windows for some reason and after re-installing both Windows and Spotify, Spotify worked only once that's after the setup completes and it automatically launches the first time, but when I tried re-starting Spotfiy it won't even open anymore. Not even a crash report. I don't have any GPU drivers installed right now. 

@chawduhree it sounds as though there's a software or local data issue on your end, but i'll forward you to the support team to speed it up

the quickest way to contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

if you let them know as much as you can about your problem - your operating system, spotify version, how you're connecting (i.e. wifi), how long you've had this issue, and the steps you've taken to resolve it - they should be able to have a look on their end and sort this out ASAP ^-^

I ran my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and Spotify opened in that. But when I booted my PC in normal mode, Spotify continues to crash?

@esmee all the troubleshooting information you've given will speed up the process,

i suggest you contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

Suggested posts