Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Next/Previous song navigation is incredibly slow.

Next/Previous song navigation is incredibly slow.

Skipping around in tracks in a playlist takes forever for me, to a point where I've given up completely with the desktop app. It's pure insanity how long I have to wait to like skip 3 tracks forward, around 20 seconds between stopping clicking until the app figures out what track it was supposed to go to. I've attached recordings here to show how the browser takes about 5 seconds to do that 3 skips.

Desktop vid 

Browser vid

I've toggled the hardware acceleration on and off a dusin times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled spotify on several different drives. Nothing seems to do jack.

I think that just means I'm out, there must be something better than this.

2 Replies

Hey @TGYD,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and for trying some troubleshooting steps already.

Since this is happening on both the desktop app and the web player, it's possible that there's either an issue with your network or with the account you're logged into.

Do you mind trying Spotify (both on the desktop app and the web player) after resetting your network? If that doesn't do the trick, could you try logging into another account and seeing if there's any difference?

Thanks - keep us posted!

To clarify the browser does it much, much less. I attribute anything in the browser to just be because it's a browser version.

I have tried it after resetting my network actually, it seems to be consistent to whenever. Browser version can be improved by running a single tab and no extensions iirc.

I believe if I open a fresh account with no playlists or anything the desktop app will run more smoothly, but I don't have one to test atm. Sadly I don't feel like abandoning all my liked songs and playlists seems like a perfect solution 😁.

Anyway thanks for the response, I don't really understand exactly what is going on.

Suggested posts