Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nonliked songs playing in the liked songs playlist.

Nonliked songs playing in the liked songs playlist.

When starting to play music (after listening to the liked songs ONLY on this computer and the last device having listened to liked songs previously) Spotify will have every 3-5th song be a nonliked song. I understand suggesting music when I'm listening to music in the discover section or playing radios for certain songs/artist, but I really do not enjoy trying to listen to music that I have specifically selected and having every other song just be a random song. The only thing that I have found I can do is go into another playlist at the beginning of the day, manually play that, then go back to my liked songs and play that, which is pain to do every single day. What can I do?
3 Replies

Hi there @coolykid,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This could be happening due to a number of factors. Please check the following:

• Make sure your Play Queue is cleared before playing music. You can clear it by clicking the Queue button > Clear queue. This option should be available on Desktop and Mobile.
  • Make sure that Enhance is switched off. This button will appear on top of your Liked Songs playlist on your mobile app (not the Desktop). If it's turned on (green) it will automatically add similar songs to your playlist.
  • Make sure Smart Shuffle is turned off from your mobile app as well.

Even though some of these settings are currently not available on Desktop, the can affect the playback on Desktop. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I see. An update was pushed to the app that has irreparably changed and now there is an option that no one wanted disguised as a "feature" and it's only for mobile. As I very clearly do not care for this feature, is there a way to disable this unwanted change so I don't accidentally turn it on?

Also why is there an option in settings that has not only been added but automatically turned on? See attached picture.

I don't see why useless features are being added without the option to disable them.

Screenshot_20231005-193938.png

This juat sarted happening 2 months ago as spotify released the automatic car mode. Thinking that came with a glitch when rolled out.

Suggested posts