Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Over the past month or so, I have noticed that Spotify will play one band in particular way more often than any other band on my playlist. I have listened to several other playlists between today and when I first noticed this occurance. My playlist has over 3,000 songs on it but it plays Chevelle almost every third or fourth song. In a selcetion of 45 songs, it has played Chevelle at least 15 times. I'm not complaining, I love Chevelle. I was just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue? 

IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
1 Reply

Hi, thanks for posting. Admittedly, it's a little strange that it keeps going to Chevelle on your 3,000 track playlist, but do you happen to have quite a few songs by that band in the playlist? I've found that if I place a high number of songs by a particular artist in one of my lists, they will play more often simply because there's a higher probability of shuffle pulling up one of their songs. The only solution I can think of at the moment would be to adjust the balance of artists on the playlist so there are more songs by some of the other artists and/or fewer songs by Chevelle. The algorithm for shuffle does seem to be something that is occasionally being tweaked by the team as well, so that could always be a factor.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts