Playlists not syncing between devices

Solved!
6 people liked this

Playlists not syncing between devices

lucashammer

I currently have two computers (one for work, one for home) and a phone. For months, if I make a playlist on one, all of the songs appear on the others. Since one of the recent updates, now if I make a playlist on my work computer, it appears on the my home computer and my phone, but it has zero tracks. The actual songs in the playlist don't seem to be syncing at all. The same thing happens if I go the other way (making a playlist on my home computer and trying to play it on my work computer later). I'm stuck as to what to do next, but I don't want to have to make three playlists every time I want one.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 20 people liked this

Re: Playlists not syncing between devices

Trinda
Regular
Posting for people currently having this issue!
You simply need to go to settings>playback>offline.
In both the phone and desktop switch to "offline mode" for a good 5 to 10 minutes, then switch back to "online" and it should sync them up!
you may need to close each app, but no reinstalling with this solution 👍
Solution! 24 people liked this

playernm3
Casual Listener

This is correct. I followed the same steps:

1.) Open Spotify on my Mac

2.) Open Spotify on my iPhone

3.) Make sure both are connected to internet (not in Offline Mode)

4.) On Mac Spotify, at the bottom right switch to listening from Mac to listening from iPhone (screenshot 4)

5.) From iPhone play one of the songs that wasn't showing up on your Mac.

6.) That song will be playing now on your Mac Spotify add this song (click the +), which will force it to sync everything up.

7.) From Mac Spotify, add the song playing (click the +), which will force it to sync everything up.

Worked like a charm. Sad it has to be this difficult Spotify!

ScreenShot4.png
88 Replies
3 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

That sounds very strange, can you try a clean reinstallation on your devices and see if that makes any difference? 

It might be an issue with your local caches being corrupted by some rogue playlsit data or something else weird is going on! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

STiFLR_SWE
Casual Listener

Hi!

As of 2 days ago I'm having exactly the same issue... I make new playlist on my stationary pc, fill with songs, but on iphone and laptop the new lists are empty...

Tried to do clean re-installation on all my devices, but still no change.

Whats going on??

1 person liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

STiFLR_SWE
Casual Listener

Yep, that actually worked... unfortunally I have a couple of thousand songs in the playlist, so it's gonna take some time.

Thanx for the fast reply and help, hope you guys can fix it soon :)

1 person liked this

FrDavidW

Having a similar but not identical problem -- my most recent playlists, which I made on my desktop, are not showing up on my laptop. This is not something that has to do with offline mode; both are in online mode. Any idea why this would happen, and what to do about it?

2 people liked this

ldjid

I had the same issue, and managed to fix it by making one of my new playlists public, sending the URL to the playlist to myself, and opening the URL on my phone (which was the device not registering my new playlists). No idea why, but as soon as I did that spotify woke up and synched my playlists. Maybe this will work for you too...

1 person liked this

nicolasdl

Having the same issue as FrDavidW. Making new playlists on laptop app (Mac) and not seeing them on my work laptop (PC) nor iPhone. It has nothing to do with online vs offline, cause they're all online lists. It's only since a couple days, but it's very very annoying.

Instead of using the 'save album' functionality I save albums as a playlist and move them into genre-related folders. I have about 1,000 playlists (aka albums), but  they never have more than 30 songs max per playlist/album (so it can't have anything to do with too much songs per playlist).

Have read a lot of similar threads and haven't found a solution anywhere. I tried djid's suggestion too, but it doesn't work. Neither does restarting (many times), logging out and in again, or deleting and re-installing.

I don't want to log out of my Mac app, because in a way I'm afraid of losing the new playlists of the last week. The fact that both PC laptop as iPhone show the same (not updated) playlists, makes me think that maybe the adjustments in the Mac app are in a way 'not saved' to my account or something? If that makes any sense.

Anyone have an idea what the issue and solution can be? 

Rowlandville
Regular

I'm new to Spotify.  I am having the same problem.  I created playlist on the Mac, but my Android doesn't see it.  Help, anyone?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Rowlandville 

Try logging out of the Android app, and then log back in.

Also make sure you are using the same account as the app on your mac. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS