Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast are not sync between different devices

Podcast are not sync between different devices

The sync between the podcast on desktop and mobile is not working every time... i think this problem consists so long and nothing changed...

also I think we need a new "mark as played" button on desktop....

mark_desktop.pngmark_mobile.PNG

19 Replies

Hey there @paulus1502

thanks for posting !

I suggest checking out this FAQ's page for further info.

Hope this helps 🙂

Has this been solved? I find it crazy that I'm even having to ask this question.. How does this not just intuitively work?

Hey there @paulus1502 and @YoungMD

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hey Ivan,

the sync and correct display of the podcasts is actually not working on the Spotify Desktop App. It's a pity that an essential function of podcasts does not work properly in such a huge company.

Thank you a lot!

Hey @paulus1502,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you restart your PC and then log out and log back in again? If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can try running the app as an administrator.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Ver,

thank you for the Feedback! Some of my friends have the same problem. It looks like this is a common problem. I take an reinstall, but this doesn´t change anything. On my mac I installed the newest App from you and nothing is synced. 😥(look at this clip)

Between my iPhone and Windows it worked sometimes.

Did you hear ever from this problem?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 01.20.32.png

Hi there @paulus1502,

Thanks for the info and that video.

Sometimes when you listen on multiple devices corrupted cache files may cause sync issues like these.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Another thing you can try is to delete the local cache files on your Windows device. Check out the solutions in this thread for instructions on how to do that.

Hope this helps. 

AlexModerator

Ok I test it and get back to you ASAP. But the video was from a new fresh Mac installation.

Hey @Alex,

I have applied your input. Unfortunately without success. This still seems to be a bug of yours that unfortunately hasn't been fixed for several years.

If there is no change I will have to change to another podcast platform again.

Here is a other Thread about the topic.

Hey @paulus1502 and @YoungMD,

Thanks for posting

If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps posted by @Alex and @Ver, it is indeed possible that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue. 

You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

I have this problem too between the iPhone app and the Windows 10 desktop app. The sync works well between the web app and iPhone app but the desktop app does not display any of the podcasts I've listened to.

Problem is still there. 😞

When I listen to an episode on Desktop (Mac) it's still "unlistened" on my iphone App.
When I listen to an episode on my iphone it's still "unlistened" on Desktop (Mac).

Really annoying!!

I'm having this issue as well, it has never worked. 

I'm having this issue as well. Marking shows as played, go over to desktop (MacOS) to see status, never syncs, show's as unplayed. Really really annoying this basic feature won't work. 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We are constantly striving to improve the user experience on our platform and we appreciate the provided feedback and hope to see the progress bar sync between devices soon.

In the meantime you can check out this thread and vote on the linked idea in the thread.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Samé issue for me. A phone, desktop and tablet and progress is rarely being synced.

3 years later and the big podcast push and cannot sync your podcast progress. I don’t get it

Still not working reliably 

It's incredible how millions of dollars & many years later, Spotify cannot get this simple feature that ALL other podcast apps get 100% right. A shame.

Suggested posts