Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premix a playist (example:playlist 'Housewer')

Premix a playist (example:playlist 'Housewer')

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

When you play the playlist 'Houwewerk' it looks like it's premixed. When you go to the end of a song it start the next song perfectly mixed. How is this done?

6 Replies

Hey there @GertSolo!
This is done by the artists when they are adding the tracks to the album. You see artists can control what order the songs come in. The artists designed the tracks specifically so its prefectly matched from the end of one song to the beggining of the other.

Hope I could help!
Have a nice day 🙂

Thx for the answer,

does this mean that a regular user, like me, can't create 'mixed' playlists like this?

by the way, when you go to the end of a song when the next one is mixed into the previous one, the next song doesn't start from the beginning but at a certain chosen time. Bizar...

Hey!
I think what you are asking, is if you can add songs to a playlist in order of how you want them to be. This is absolutely possible, but if you are asking if you can make songs that are on Spotify match perfectly that isn't possible. 
The artist designed this album with the tracks on it, so it would sound perfectly matched when played. They did this when they were making the tracks, they just put them in order in their album on Spotify.

Hope I could help, have a nice day!

Thanks again,

one more thing, the playlist is made from songs from different artists. Did he premix them? When a song starts after the previous one it starts at a certain point in the timeline of the song (not from the beginning), yet when you select that song individually it starts from the beginning. And the crossfade is also beat mached. I can understand it they were mixed and recorded at forehand the crossfade is always perfect, but this is not the case. Each song stands on it's own, but when you play the  playlist they are somehow mixed?

I hope this explains a bit what I mean. Not always easy to put something like this in words. 

Hey!
I found this video that may explain what you're wonderining on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-enMJO5BWkQ
Im sorry, I cant help you too much in this as I dont have experience in music making.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Thanks for the link, but I think it's done in another way.

I now see that the creator of the playlist is Spotify itself, so I suppose they have other tools and features that us regular users don't have. Would be nice though to be able to create your own mix in a playlist.

So as far as I can see, this can't be done by a regular user...

If anyone knows if it can be done, please let me know.

thanks

Suggested posts