Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

throw to trashbin

So i accidentally pressed the throw to trashbin how to in un do it, been googling it cant find anything tried deleting the track and add it again and that didnt work. Please Help

• So i accidentally pressed the throw to trashbin how to in un do it, been googling it cant find anything tried deleting the track and add it again and that didnt work. Please Help
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Local File problems

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone 6 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I create a playlist from a song in my local file folder, the playlist appears on my iphone, but the song is not there. By that I mean the playlist on my phone ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 6  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I create a playlist from a song in my local file folder, the...
  • mikek50
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Icon not displaying correctly

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktop applicationOperating SystemWindows 10 (using font size 125%) My Question or Issue Using Zoom Less (4x), the icon is not showing. If you keep zooming out, it will eventually dissapear.If I reset the zoom, the icon looks as exp...

2018-08-31 11_56_19.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop application Operating System Windows 10 (using font size 125%)   My Question or Issue  Using Zoom Less (4x), the icon is not showing. If you keep zooming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

JustSomeOthrGuy

Account: PremiumLaptop: Windows 10Software version: 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 (Windows Store version)Echo: Amazon Echo Dot I had an issue recently where Spotify would not start up when launched. It would keep closing just before it finally displayed the h...

• Casual Listener
  • Account:  Premium Laptop:  Windows 10 Software version:  1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 (Windows Store version) Echo:      Amazon Echo Dot   I had an issue recently...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alexa
    Connect
    Echo
    PC
    volume
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Friends feed broken

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So this problem has been going on for maybe like 3 weeks now and basically the friend feed doesnt work it says "Try again" and when i click it nothing happens its v...

• Gig Goer
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So this problem has been going on for maybe like 3 weeks now and bas...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can you please add a Play button on the Appears On albums of an artist?

In the desktop client, the Albums / Singles and EPs / Arist Playlists all show a Play button when you hover over the album with the mouse. However, under the Appears On section, the Play button doesn't show up when you hover over an album. So we have...

• Regular
  • In the desktop client, the Albums / Singles and EPs / Arist Playlists all show a Play button when you hover over the album with the mouse.   However, under the Appears On section, the Play but...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to make shared playlist public

Hi! as it says in the title: I am unable to make my shared playlist public. I’ve been searching online for solutions but the only solution I stumbled upon was that it simply isn’t possible to do that.However, two of my playlists ARE public + shared. ...

• Hi!   as it says in the title: I am unable to make my shared playlist public. I’ve been searching online for solutions but the only solution I stumbled upon was that it simply isn’t possible t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • shared
    Shared playlist
    shared playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly - Dislike Button

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone / PCOperating System(iOS 10, Windows 10 My Question or Issue I use the Dislike button quite often when playing my Discover Weekly but within the last few weeks it still plays the 'Disliked' songs. They are greyed out...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device iPhone / PC Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I use the Dislike button quite often when playing my Discov...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

free trial 1 month not activated after registration

PlanFree 1 mth PremiumCountry australiaDevicwlaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue i have registered for the free 1 month trial period however i am unable to access the premium feature. can you help please? i have already tried loggin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free  1 mth Premium Country  australia Devicw laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  i have registered for the free 1 month trial period ho...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to go Offline on Desktop App?

It's so easy to go Offline on the mobile phone. Just go to Your Library > Settings > Switch the Offline Mode to green. Done. On Desktop, it's not even like that. I have the musics downloaded. I go to Settings and there's no mention of an Offline Mode...

• It's so easy to go Offline on the mobile phone. Just go to Your Library > Settings > Switch the Offline Mode to green. Done. On Desktop, it's not even like that. I have the musics downloaded. I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot add local files or playlists to songs

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceGalaxy S9+ Operating SystemWindows 10 I added several local files to spotify via the desktop app. These files are playable through the local files section, but cannot be moved to the songs section to be played in shuffle w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Galaxy S9+   Operating System Windows 10   I added several local files to spotify via the desktop app. These files are playable through the l...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips every song in playlist after 1 minute

HEy guys, Spotify skips every song in my playlist after aprox. one minute. This happens on android and also on the PCPlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevicePC, Android (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• HEy guys, Spotify skips every song in my playlist after aprox. one minute. This happens on android and also on the PC Plan Premium Country  Germany Device PC, Android   (iOS 10, And...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Surface app not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceWindows surface ProOperating SystemWindows 10 I just got my surface legitamately 2 weeks ago for my birthday. I downloaded spotify and it was working like a charm for a few days. Then I had to go back to school, an hour aw...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Windows surface Pro Operating System Windows 10   I just got my surface legitamately 2 weeks ago for my birthday. I downloaded spotify and it was...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Naming Convention

Operating SystemWindows/Android My Question or Issue Recently the naming convention when Albums/Playlists are added via drag and drop to Folders has changed.Previously it would default to the Artist Name - Album Title layout which is my preference. I...

•     Operating System Windows/Android    My Question or Issue  Recently the naming convention when Albums/Playlists are added via drag and drop to Folders has changed. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Web player not loading playlist past 100 songs

It shows that Spotify is just buffering with the wheel when I scroll down to the 100th song. This happens on all playlists, and is happening in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I've already deleted all history - cache, cookies, and browsing, a...

• It shows that Spotify is just buffering with the wheel when I scroll down to the 100th song. This happens on all playlists, and is happening in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.    ...
  • harunrashidanve
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Continuously skipping to next song in playlist without playing

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Regardless of which playlist I try, whether it's one I've created or one that is available publicly, Spotify just skips through the whole list without playing anything. I...

• Casual Listener
  • ...vailable publicly, Spotify just skips through the whole list without playing anything.   I get the following error if I try to play a song again: "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you h...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Skipping songs
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Cannot listen to a certain artist

PlanStudent PremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 6, Laptop, Desktop, iPad AirOperating SystemiOS 11, Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor quite a while now I have not been able to listen to the artist While She Sleeps. They should be available in my region as...

• Visitor
  • Plan Student Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 6, Laptop, Desktop, iPad Air Operating System iOS 11, Windows 10   My Question or Issue For quite a while now I have not been a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find the Play Queue on windows 10?

PlanPremium FamilyCountry USADeviceMac running windows 10Operating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueSo when I open the desktop spotify app I can right click add to queue but no songs show up in the queue when I open play.spotify.com I can add son...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Family Country  USA Device Mac running windows 10 Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue So when I open the desktop spotify app I can right click ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ability to see play counts on album pages gone on desktop

ive noticed with the recent updates the option to see playcounts (when hovering over the bar, play count comes up) has been taken away from album pages ONLY. why is this? on artist pages it still works as normal, but on album pages it doesnt work at ...

• Casual Listener
  •   ive noticed with the recent updates the option to see playcounts (when hovering over the bar, play count comes up) has been taken away from album pages ONLY. why is this? on artist pages it s...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play local files

Hello everybody, i have annoying problem with spotify. I literally can't play any local file. Bcs Spotify deleted xxxtentacion songs i love and i rly want to listen, especially King of the Death, i had to download it, add as local file and play. But ...

• Regular
  • Hello everybody, i have annoying problem with spotify.  I literally can't play any local file.  Bcs Spotify deleted xxxtentacion songs i love and i rly want to listen, especially King of ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes