Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue resets after restarting spotify

Queue resets after restarting spotify

Almost every time I restart spotify or my computer, the queue resets to something from a while ago. It can be a queue from earlier that day, but I've had it reset to the same queue for like a week straight (starting with the exact same song every time I start spotify).

I've reinstalled spotify already, but the problem persists.

I'm guessing it's somehow not syncing my current queue to spotify's servers or something? I'm not using any other devices, but I do have spotify installed on my phone (but it's not running).

Any ideas? It's really frustrating but I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.

edit: this is the normal Spotify Desktop version, not the UWP one.

14 Replies

Hey @ihendrik1, welcome to the Community!

What OS and Spotify version are you using? Is this happening while in Offline Mode as well? 

Does the issue happen on your phone if you try recreating it?

Let us know how it goes.

@SergioDavid wrote:

Hey @ihendrik1, welcome to the Community!

What OS and Spotify version are you using? Is this happening while in Offline Mode as well? 

Does the issue happen on your phone if you try recreating it?

Let us know how it goes.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 16299.371)

Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 (Desktop version, not UWP)

My phone does not have this issue. It doesn't sync up with my desktop queue though, it just remembers what I last played on my phone.

Thanks for the info.

In this case, we'd like you to try reinstalling the Spotify app on your desktop with these steps.

Let us know if it continues to happen after that.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I already tried this before, it doesn't solve the problem.

i have the same problem for months already and now it just opens up wihout any songs in the queue. it seems like it can't save it for some reason.

I get this problem too and it is really annoying. If you exit spotify and start it again, it will pick up where it left off. If you kill it with task manager and restart it, the queue will be the same as when you last started spotify. If you shutdown or restart windows with spotify running it exhibits the same behaviour as killing it with task manager.

So really spotify doesn't exit cleanly when windows does whatever it does when it shuts down. Devs please fix?

same here

EDIT: Workaround for me was deactivate minimize on close button

Minimize on close is already disabled for me. This is driving me nuts. I sometimes have it go back to the same queue/playlist for like 3-4 days. It's so **bleep** annoying. Just store it locally, it's not that complicated... Christ..

Minimize on close is also disabled for me and it doens't fix it for me.

EDIT: I noticed that "open spotify at log on - minimized" option also isn't working for me. It always opens in a normal window size on my screen. 

Same Problem here. It also resets the random and repeat buttons so i have to disable them every time

I've got the same problem. It's really annoying. The only solution I've found is to close and repopen spotify before turning off your PC. Then, the program somehow notes your current song and it's correctly stored wherever it is stored.

Same Problem here.

Windows 10 x64 Home,

Spotify 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9

The application seemingly doesn't save its current state until you close it orderly by going (...)->File->Close. Shutting down the computer without closing Spotify manually resets its state to the last save, leading to having the same playlist as yesterday, with the same queue as yesterday. It's slowly getting annoying guys, please.

Trutch70 solution worked for me as wel. But it only stores from the last time it closed. So you have you to do this everytime after you used spotify. Guess we're still waiting for the fix.

I know this is an old post but recently had the same problem. Check for any security software that automatically removes traces after exiting other programs or websites. In my case this was Ashampoo WinOptimizer. After toggling this option off, the problem with Spotify went away

Suggested posts