Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio station based on playlist - updated when list is changed?

Solved!

Radio station based on playlist - updated when list is changed?

Hi:

If I create a radio station from a playlist, does the content of that radio station over time if the playlist changes?  Or does the radio station take a "snapshot" of the play list at the moment it is created?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A couple of hours ago I made a playlist full of lo-fi hip hop, generated a station from it, and then replaced the entire playlist with 80s and 90s music (henceforth referred to as "oldies", yes, I'm a young whippersnapper, but it's shorter to type out.) The station didn't swap itself out or anything, but I skipped through its songs and once I reached the end of the previously-generated list it stopped recommending lo-fi and electronic and started giving me "oldies". If I play it from the beginning it still has about 15 or so lo-fi songs at the beginning but after those it's all "oldies".

If you want to get rid of any songs at the beginning that don't match your playlist's shiny new aesthetic, just thumbs down them and they'll be gone.

(Here's a screenshot of the somewhat awkward genre transition this poor station went through.)

View solution in original post

Screenshot (6).png
1 Reply
Marked as solution

A couple of hours ago I made a playlist full of lo-fi hip hop, generated a station from it, and then replaced the entire playlist with 80s and 90s music (henceforth referred to as "oldies", yes, I'm a young whippersnapper, but it's shorter to type out.) The station didn't swap itself out or anything, but I skipped through its songs and once I reached the end of the previously-generated list it stopped recommending lo-fi and electronic and started giving me "oldies". If I play it from the beginning it still has about 15 or so lo-fi songs at the beginning but after those it's all "oldies".

If you want to get rid of any songs at the beginning that don't match your playlist's shiny new aesthetic, just thumbs down them and they'll be gone.

(Here's a screenshot of the somewhat awkward genre transition this poor station went through.)

Screenshot (6).png

Suggested posts