Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random albums being added to queue and autoplaying

Solved!

Random albums being added to queue and autoplaying

This has been happening this past week or so. I will just be sitting at my computer and then suddenly music will start playing on Spotify. It is always the same artist and a lot of the times the same song. For no prompted reason, these albums will just add themseves to the Play Queue and start playing automatically. Sometimes I will go afk and come back and it will be playing. And even once I checked my recently played after waking up the next day and I saw the same two albums that always get queued up. I am only logged into Spotify on my computer and phone, with my computer being off and the app not open while I was asleep.

At first I thought my account was compromised somehow but considering it seems to just be playing the same stuff everytime I have halfway ruled out this for now. Just to be safe I used the "log out of everything" feature here on the website and it did not help. Also, just for a little bit more information.. I did a anti-spyware scan and that also did not help. And another side note.. "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends." has been turned off for a while now.

One thing I did notice is the Spotify Connect feature showing a bunch of "Chrome Web Player"s whenever these albums queued themselves up. However, this only happened once and usually only one Chrome Web Player would show up. I'm not sure if this information is useful but I thought to write it in anyhow.

Anyway, I have attached a file showing just part of my Play Queue history to show the artist and albums that keeps getting queued up. The artist is always "Drill beats" and the albums are "Best of the Beats", "Young Wiggins", and "The Final Load."

I have never heard of this artist before and I do not even listen to this type of music.

Apologies if this is not the correct forum to post in.

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all!

This doesn't look nice!

I recommend reading and following the steps in this article. Logging out everywhere is not too efficient without changing the password too. 🙂
I also suggest using symbols in your password, such as %#( and similar.

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same Issue here, it's very very infurating.

Same thing is happening for me aswell. I have found a few threads about this on the spotify community but they always close them after saying they need to log out from everywhere. This is obviously a glitch that has surfaced in the last 2 months or so. The only thing we can really do is keep bringing it up and hope that a fix will come.

Marked as solution

Hey all!

This doesn't look nice!

I recommend reading and following the steps in this article. Logging out everywhere is not too efficient without changing the password too. 🙂
I also suggest using symbols in your password, such as %#( and similar.

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, guess I should update for people who have posted in this thread and for anyone else that comes across it later with this problem.

I was able to fix it about a week or so after posting this by simply changing my password to something a little longer and different and logging out everywhere.

That did the trick and I have not had any problems since.

Sorry for the late reply. I should have replied whenever I fixed it.

Suggested posts