Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs playing all of a sudden, no idea what's causing this

Random songs playing all of a sudden, no idea what's causing this

My Question or Issue

I am a Premium member, running Spotify on Windows 11. Up until now it has worked fine, I can select the first track on an album and it will play the album right through. Now, suddenly, Spotify is playing random songs, jumping from one to the other. I have no idea why it's doing this or how to fix it. Can anyone help"

5 Replies

Sorry to say this, but It's spotify. They force-introducing random, broken and unnecessary "features". This forum gets mostly auto-replies and "answers" that lead you to a 2-3 year old posts. I've already started moving my playlists to another platform as this is a lost cause.

I hope you do to 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@Beandip478, by "random" do you mean that the app is playing songs that are not included in the album or that the album is being shuffled although you've turned Shuffle off? If possible, please send us a video of the behavior or a more detailed guide on how to reproduce it on our end.

@DrDamage, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. If you're experiencing the same issue, please provide the information requested above so we can investigate further. If not, let us know what your issue is so we can try to help.

Looking forward to your replies.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't know how to capture video of Spotify's behavior, but to clarify...Normally, I will click on the first song on an album, and then Spotify would play all the songs on the album straight through. Now all of a sudden, after playing that first song, Spotify might play a different song by that artist on a different album, it might play a song by an artist I've never even heard of!

I've tried different settings in Playback, but the problem persists. I don't even know what made it start happening in the first place.

Hey @Beandip478,

Thanks for the update!

I'd recommend checking your Queue as you might have some leftover tracks in the queue from a previous listening session and removing them. In case the issue persists, it's worth reinstalling the app to see if that does the trick.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Do you use the app on any personal computer? Deleting the app on my pc has seemed to fix this problem but I just use web browser and mobile app now. No issues.

Suggested posts