Unfortunately, automatic recognition does not seem to work for me.
What my goal is
Create 4 playlists located in 4 distinct folders on a USB Stick.
What I tried to do
- I'm on Premium Subscription
- Connect USB Stick
- Add Folder 1/4 folders to Local Files
- Create Playlist 1 /4
- Drag Local Files to the appropriate Playlist
- Deactivate Folder 1/4 in Settings
- Repeate the above with Folders 2-4
- Reactivate Folders 1-4
What I experience
Songs show up as Local Files (see screenshot).
Can play the songs as Local Files, no issues.
I can't access Go to Artist, even for Artists that are surely on Spotify.
About 300 Songs altogether. I could, of course, look them up manually but would love to save the hassle if possible.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5
Please tell me what to do, tried to look around here, this was the most relevant thread.
Thanks a lot