Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Desktop overlay shows chrome.exe even if it is turned off

PlanPremiumCountry Finland DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueIssue #1So after the latest spotify patch 1.1.8.439.g8502297d the overlay that pops up when you switch songs etc. comes on automatically even if it's turned off everytime s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Finland   Device PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Issue #1 So after the latest spotify patch 1.1.8.439.g8502297d the ove...
  • pawraf71
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Application Stuck on a Single Artist/Album

PlanFreeCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueA week or so ago, I decided to listen to the whole album of "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds." Ever since then, while I can search for other music and go into my ow...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue A week or so ago, I decided to listen to the whole album of "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds." Ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstalled Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceAcer Aspire E 14Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been dealing with this for weeks now. I've tried clean reinstall, I've tried the Program version, the App version. I've tried disabling hardware ac...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Acer Aspire E 14 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been dealing with this for weeks now. I've tried clean reinstall, I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

laptop in bluetooth speaker

PlanPremiumCountryphilippinesDevicepcOperating Systemwindows My Question or Issuemy laptop is connected to a bluetooth speaker. but when i play spotify the sound is not coming out from the bluetooth speaker but from the laptops' speaker. any idea wha...

• Plan Premium Country philippines Device pc Operating System windows   My Question or Issue my laptop is connected to a bluetooth speaker. but when i play spotify the sound is not comin...
  • badumtss
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skips every 5-10 seconds.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell laptop 2017 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the last 2 weeks, when listening to Spotify on a laptop with external speakers, music is skipping every 5-10 seconds. It's not skipping ahead or to anothe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell laptop 2017   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the last 2 weeks, when listening to Spotify on a laptop with ext...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 CLiP device license not found

Hi I'm on windows 10 and sometimes Spotify will refuse to launch and instead show an error message (see below). Sometimes this goes away on it's own but it keeps coming back. I've seen only one post on here and it says the solution was to update my P...

sp.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm on windows 10 and sometimes Spotify will refuse to launch and instead show an error message (see below). Sometimes this goes away on it's own but it keeps coming back. I've seen only one post ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

most songs are greyed out

PlanFreeCountryNetherlandsDevicewindows 10 dekstopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuea lot of songs are unplayable and therefor greyed out. how do i fix this? it started about a moth ago, often daily mix playlists are completely filled wi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Netherlands Device windows 10 dekstop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue a lot of songs are unplayable and therefor greyed out. how do i fix t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Spotify on my desktop lags when it is the active window

Hi, Comment to an already answered question.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-on-my-desktop-lags-when-it-is-the-active-window-Why/m-p/4617416 PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceAcer Aspire GX-781 Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Comment to an already answered question. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-on-my-desktop-lags-when-it-is-the-active-window-Why/m-p/4617416   Plan Premium ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is so slow and keeps lagging

PlanPremiumCountryThe netherlandsDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the last update spotify is sooo slow and it just keeps lagging! For example if i search for a song it stays black and if i click on a song it's stuck a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The netherlands Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the last update spotify is sooo slow and it just keeps lagging! For example...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lag
    slow
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not changing song immediately in playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday I'm listening to some suggested playlists and when I click to go to the next song there's a 1-2 second delay where the song I want to skip keeps playing before starting ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today I'm listening to some suggested playlists and when I click to go to the next song the...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Cover changing does not work

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+, ComputerOperating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or IssueSomehow the changing of the cover for my playlists does not work. When I change the cover in my Desktop Application it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Switzerland Device Samsung Galaxy S9+, Computer Operating System (Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Somehow the changing of the cover for ...
  • JONARSCH
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Delete Local files

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePC LaptopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to delete the local files on my Spotify, I have tried everything. Ive tried going to "%appdata%\Spotify\Users\" and deleting "local-files.bnk". I have tried ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Laptop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to delete the local files on my Spotify, I have tried everything. Iv...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • files
    local
    local files
    remove
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting İssues servers

PlanPremiumCountryTROperating System(windows) My Question or Issuei cant connect spotfy actually i cant listen music firstly i closed firewallthen reinstalled appwhat should i do i cant connect there is screenshot in there look at and pls solve my pr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country TR Operating System (windows)   My Question or Issue i cant connect spotfy actually i cant listen music  firstly i closed firewall then reinstalled app what ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play all songs in library

The Windows desktop player used to have "Songs" under "Library" but this option has disappeared. Do I really need to go through every single album in my library and click "Like"? If so, that's insanely user-hostile. PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 10...

• Visitor
  • The Windows desktop player used to have "Songs" under "Library" but this option has disappeared. Do I really need to go through every single album in my library and click "Like"? If so, that's insane...
  • musicwheelz
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThat error keeps coming up. I have tried every solution listed so far. I have reinstalled, I have checked the hosts file, I have refreshed the drivers on the computer,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue That error keeps coming up.  I have tried every solution listed so far.   I have reins...
  • SLW1980
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify resumes playing after being paused

PlanPremiumCountry Sweden DeviceLenovo Carbon X1 (2019) , Win 10, Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueJust got my new Lenovo laptop Carbon X1. Updated all dirvers + Windows update, installed Chrome, installed Spootify. When playing music w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden   Device Lenovo Carbon X1 (2019) , Win 10,  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Just got my new Lenovo laptop Carbon X1. Upd...
  • musicartemis
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lenovo
    paused
    playing
    resumes
    Win10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Other User Playlists not Updating Correctly

My Question or Issue Randomly some users playlists will be shown not complete. Usually the playlist will only load one of the artists, and only one or two songs from the artist. This won't happen to all of the playlists of a single user, generally on...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   Randomly some users playlists will be shown not complete. Usually the playlist will only load one of the artists, and only one or two songs from the artist. This won't h...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs don't work on desktop

PlanPremiumCountry USA DevicePCOperating Systemwindows My Question or Issue: I can't play certain songs on my desktop computer but I can play them on my iPhone.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Operating System windows   My Question or Issue:  I can't play certain songs on my desktop computer but I can play them on my iPho...
  • rainman2000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Sweeheart Album 2014

My Question or IssueSweetheart Album 2014 doesn't work. I can save the album on my library, like the songs, however the tracks don't play. Message error:Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. Link:...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Sweetheart Album 2014 doesn't work. I can save the album on my library, like the songs, however the tracks don't play.    Message error: Spotify can't play this rig...
  • elinoferreira
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly and the rest of the playlists are not updating

PlanFreeCountryQatarDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDiscover section is not updating it is still stuck with the playlists made in May.I tried to logout and login again in both the PC app and the web player to no avail.any help ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Qatar Device PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue Discover section is not updating it is still stuck with the playlists made in May. I ...
  • wattman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes