Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC Laptop

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to find out why the left sidebar can only expand when Spotify is fully open?  It used to be that I could keep Spotify to only taking up half the screen and still look at my playlists.  I can't have Spotify taking up the entire screen when I need to run Word, Excel, and Powerpoint at the same time.

9 Replies

Hey @Robear00, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you tell me what's going on exactly?

Any screenshots would be helpful.

Thanks 🙂

I've attached two pictures.  Sidebar 1 shows the maximum widum of the left sidebar when the application is about half the size of the window.  Sidebar 2 shows the maximum width when the app is full size.  I used to be able to go to the size of the #2 pic when the window is smaller.  

sidebar 1.png
sidebar 2.png

Sorry to jump on your comment, but is that the maximum width of the sidebar at all? Can we manage playlists in the centre of the app instead of in the narrow sidebar?

Yes, that is the largest it will get.  I'd prefer keeping the playlists on the side, as I'm using Spotify while hosting pub trivia, and I need to have that open along with the questions, a presentation for said questions, and a spreadsheet for scoring.  Making the Spotify window bigger makes it more difficult to get to my other apps quickly.

Hey @Robear00,

Could you try disabling Hardware Acceleration, you can do that from the Spotify option in the Menu Bar.

Thanks 🙂

@Loxer,

Disabling Hardware Acceleration did not resolve the issue.

This exact issue just happened to me, it happened the moment I accidentally enlarged the album art. I tried many things but to no avail. It is honestly frustrating.   

@Loxer

This also didn't work for me

Hey @Robear00 and @Oceiros,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It seems that this is now the expected behaviour of the app.

The best thing to do is to submit an idea about this in the Idea Exchange - you can find out how to do that here.

Let us know if you have any questions on any of the above! We'll be here to help 🙂

Suggested posts