Settings keeps resetting after updating Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Operating System

Windows 10 & 7

My Question or Issue

At every new update of the software since ever, I need to set all my settings (advanced or not) because Spotify erases it to the default settings and I am tired of this bug...

Thanks

Clement

4 Replies

This.

Same thing on macOS.
ARGH. it's the layout (i have to enlarge the cover art every time) and the settings about streaming, showing local files etc...

GUYS/GURLS, FIX THIS!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. 

Can you let us know what exactly changes and when - is just as the app automatically updates? Also, what settings are affected? 

It would also be great if you can let us know if you did any troubleshooting?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy

I was not notified about your response.
I had the same issue today, which is why i started googling again, finding this old post, finding my own thread reply... THE ISSUE PERSISTS.

if you had read my post thorougly you'd have noticed i'm listing the exact changes:

Cover art is minimized again ⟶ i enlarge it every time
show Local files is turned off ⟶ i turn it on every time since i sync some playlists of local files to my phone via spotify
Sometimes Streaming quality and download quality are both set to automatic again ⟶ i have it on very high

please fix this very annoying issue.
thank you

Hi,
I don't think it will ever change also I have the feeling it does happen less and less.
I guess, the reset is done when the developpers are touching the settings and they re-initialize everyone to the default settings to avoid troubles.

Suggested posts