Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle mode won't shuffle from the whole playlist.

Solved!

Shuffle mode won't shuffle from the whole playlist.

Hello! 

I post this as Desktop (Windows) because it's what I'm running when recording this. I've had the same issues on my Android phone aswell.

The problem is that when I have Shuffle mode activated, it doesn't shuffle from my entire playlist. I only contain tracks from like the oldest tracks and only some of the artists. Earlier, I've only seen it on my phone and it only happened when I started playing by double clicking the playlist in the menu to the left. 

But now, it has become even worse. I select a recently added track in the playlist, and as shown in the video (that apperantly isn't here, since Spotify don't allow video as a file) - The playlist looks fine. But then IT CHANGES back to that crappy thing with only 5-6 year old tracks from the top of the playlist from a handful of artists. In my case, Muse, The Prodigy, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Von Bondies and Eminem. Those count for about 50% of all the tracks.

It really bothers me since I can't get an actual shuffle, since it only play tracks from the 100 oldest, and when they are played. It just stops. I acts like the other 700 tracks in the playlist doesn't even exist, and doesn't even pick among the rest when the others are finished.

Anyone else had same problems? Anyone got an idea what it is about?

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same issue some time ago. The bug is when you're logged in to the same account on more than one device. They don't need to have spotify open at the same time for this to occur. Try login out of both accounts and then back to only one device.

This worked for me atleast if I recall correctly... Good luck

edit: Found this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Connect-only-plays-100-song-chunks-of-playlists/idi-...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I had the same issue some time ago. The bug is when you're logged in to the same account on more than one device. They don't need to have spotify open at the same time for this to occur. Try login out of both accounts and then back to only one device.

This worked for me atleast if I recall correctly... Good luck

edit: Found this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Connect-only-plays-100-song-chunks-of-playlists/idi-...

I actually seems to work. Logged out on boty Desktop and Android, loggied in on Android only and now it looks good. Thanks a lot! 

Suggested posts