Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

PC and smartphone

Operating System

Win10 and Android

My Question or Issue

In portugal many musics are not start playing I hit play and time still 0:00 and not play (it may not be only in portugal)
for example:
365 katty perry
bones ft. one republic
fade solu music
jonas blue in your arms
james arthur - impossible
one nation ft barbara bandeira
dimitri vegas - selfish
the way i are - bebe rexha
omi cheerleader
ariana grande - thank u, next
mat simons, new_id -we can do better
john legend- you and i
deepest blue - give it away
cupido - in my feeling
rita ora - your song
TOM WALKER - LEAVE A LIGHT ON
later bitches
REGI - ELLIE
DAN BALAN - NUMA NUMA 2
DEORRO - FIVE MORE
FLORIDA FEAT DAVID GUETTA
CHEAT CODES - ONLY YOU
I can write all day....

reinstall desktop app but this it happening in all platforms include webplayer.. need to be fixed!

7 Replies

Hey there @vitor_a,

thanks for posting in the community !

Legal label or artists publishing permissions are different in many countries and can sometimes that cause music to be greyed out or "unplayble" (you can read further info on it here).

As your list contains many songs and from a wide range of genres and labels this just be an internal issue with the devices your using.

Please run Win update to make sure your system is fully updated.

In addition to that i'd suggest running a test on your audio drivers to make sure they're are updated as well.

Furthermore and just to make sure, check Spotify has all permissions needed regarding anti- virus softwares and firewall restricitions.

I'm always around, let me know if you need further help 😃

Hello there @vitor_a !

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available.

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps!

I have all updated include windows, AV, clean spotify and drivers

some tracks I heard about a month and now it does not play

I'm thinking of never going back to spotify, it's only getting worse with time with excuses of author rights and authorizations

Hey, @vitor_a

This same issue has happened to me but, there is a quick solution. Carefully follow the steps below. If this helped you, please mark it as the solution to help others.

1. Open the Notepad app

2. At the top left, click File

3. On the left panel, click on Windows under "This PC". After you're in this tab, click on the Windows folder. Scroll down to another folder called "System32".

4. In "System32", locate the "drivers" folder and click on the "etc" folder.

5. It will look empty when you first open it. Click on the File Type options and choose "All Files"

6. You can now see "hosts". Click on hosts and remove any # that includes the word "spotify"

7. After you delete all the tags with spotify, save the file and restart your spotify.

- Dylan

Music for me wont play and playlists are also empty. Ive done the hosts deleting method and it still doesn' work for me As the music still wont play and the playlists are empty

@Vergi

Assuming that you are on a desktop, does it work when you stream your music on Spotify using another device (phone, tablet, etc)?

If you can, I would advise you to double check that you deleted everything containing "Spotify" in the Hosts notes. (You can use CTRL+F or COMMAND+F and type in your keyword to easily find any missed # tags)

-Dylan

Did not solve
I do not even have the word spotify in the host file.. 

How do I put it there? I have to write there?

Suggested posts