Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Listening to a new group.  I can click the heart and save the song to my liked song. Works properly for some of the songs by this group but not others. When I click on the heart it turns green for a second and then doesn't. 

Steep Canyon Rangers. Any of the first three songs. (Honey on My Tongue, On the Water, Call the Captain.)  None of these will save to my liked songs.  Shenandoah Valley will. Songs from other groups will. Is there something special about any of those songs that prohibits them from being "liked." 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @imperialsong

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you still don't see the songs you liked appearing on the desktop app, feel free to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify. No worries, your saved content remains unchanged after a clean reinstall since all the info is already saved to your Spotify account. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @imperialsong,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Could you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't make any difference, try Liking those songs on another device, like a smartphone, or on the web player to see if they're correctly added to your Liked Songs.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have closed and reopened Spotify.

I have logged off of Spotify and logged back in.

I have rebooted my computer.

I CAN like like the songs via my cell phone. 

However, the desktop will not recognize that I have liked the songs even after doing all of the above.

It appears that the last time things worked is three days ago. Since then, I cannot add any songs to my liked list and get them to show up in my liked songs on the Desktop even if I add them via the cell phone.

If I look at the liked songs on my cell phone they show. 

So it appears that the spotify songlist on my desktop is corrupt. Cached incorrectly?  I assumed that the list is stored on the spotify servers but apparently it is on my computer and I need to either clear the cache or repair the corrupted file.  

If I uninstall and reinstall, do I lose the "liked songs" or the playlists?

My primary use is with the desktop and not my cell. 

Marked as solution

Hey @imperialsong

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you still don't see the songs you liked appearing on the desktop app, feel free to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify. No worries, your saved content remains unchanged after a clean reinstall since all the info is already saved to your Spotify account. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Along these lines (and may provide an answer to the question above), I cannot add song "Fun ft. Hayley Williams - Somebody that I used to know (cover Goyte).  It is however, listed as a podcast, and not a song.  Could this be why?  Is there a way to convert it to a song or the find the song equivalent?  This may be the issue with the fellow above?  thanks

Hey there @argomez99,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Since you mentioned that this is a podcast episode, it will be saved in Your Episodes instead - think of it as an equivalent of Liked Songs, but for podcasts 🙂 

Yordan_1-1706599891776.png

Any podcast episodes you "like" will be saved there, but you can still add them to other playlists as well via the (+) button. You can find more info on it here.

To find a song equivalent of that track, you can have a look in the Search tab:

Yordan_2-1706599962847.png

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts