Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song volume fades on "quiet" parts of songs

Song volume fades on "quiet" parts of songs

Plan

Premium, version is 1.1.47.684.g136419d9

Country

Finland

Device

Desktop computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Low volume part of songs get an artificial fade out - fade in which is really annoying. I've noticed it starting today, previously this issue wasn't there. I thought the normalization might cause it, but turning it off didn't help. It can be noticed for example Disturbed's version of The sound of Silence around 0:25-0:50 couple of times. For example when listening the same song on Youtube doesn't bring up this behaviour so it's definitely Spotify messing with the volume.

1 Reply

Hi @Jarmake,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the song's URI you mentioned? To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

Also - let us know if this is the only song having this issue or you've heard it in others too.

Additionally, we recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer to check how to modify the Music Quality Settings in the app.

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

Suggested posts