Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs in Playlist Starting at :15-1:00??

Songs in Playlist Starting at :15-1:00??

Plan

Premium

Device

Lenovo desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

SOOOO this is apparently an issue that has existed in some form or another for various users for 6+ years. I'm hoping the sudden onset for me is a sign that it's a temporary feature that will go away...

I started up a Spotify published genre playlist ("Hype") and noticed that, as new tracks started, they DID NOT start at the beginning. While other folks have reported 1-2 second cuts at the beginning, my tracks are starting from ~15 seconds up to a minute into a track. I thought "Hmm, maybe this is a new feature for specialized playlists...since it IS advertised as songs to keep you pumped at the gym or whatever..maybe it just cuts out the slow and quiet bit at the beginning to keep the flow." Only problem is, when I go to another Trap playlist ("Trap Mojito") it's doing the same thing. 

If I double-click to play a song, no issue at all. Every song will start at 0:00. Leave the playlist on shuffle? Forget it...I lose up to 25% of the song and don't realize I've listened like like 3 songs when it sounds like 1 long weird one.

I doubt there is an actual fix here, given that others have mentioned the issue since pretty much forever. Would love for this "experimental feature" to just go away or at least be explicit!

4 Replies

Hey there, 

Could you please send me the link to the playlist where this is happening?

Thanks 🙂

Thanks for the links! 😉

I believe that Spotify is always testing new things in order to improve, so that could be one of the reasons why the playlist is like that: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Right, that's my assumption, but it's really shitty to just make changes in how music is normally played without any warning or way to turn it off. I'm paying for Premium service...I expect to hear the entire song, start to finish, unless I fast-forward myself. I was hoping someone from Spotify would be able to give more specific feedback.

Suggested posts