Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC and LG phone

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For a while now, whenever I wanted to listen to songs in order (that is by artist alphabetically (I'm trying to go through all my songs from the top down)) it won't actually plat the next song in sequence, but plays the next song by date added. To state the obvious I have shuffle turned off.

I've tried following the advice from similar posts and nothing has worked, however I did discover that is I uninstalled the application from my phone entirely and then logged out on desktop and logged back in, I could play songs as I desired... until I reinstalled the app on my phone and am now having the same issue. 

This is intolerable. It shouldn't be impossible to have random music on one platform but not another.  

3 Replies

Hey there @,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that's provided in this article?

It can also be good to perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've tried all of that first. That's how I discovered the very issue I'm bring up. I reinstalled, uninstalled, updated, backdated and the only thing that reliably "solves" the problem is uninstalling the app from my phone and restarting the application on my desktop.

The moment I reinstall the app on my phone, playing songs in order (not on shuffle) defaults to the order songs were added, not sequence by artist.

So, I have a work around, but I don't consider it a reasonable workaround. 

Hey @attilathekhan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. Does this happen only when the app on your phone is running or in general? Does it make a difference if it's in offline mode? We'd a recommend that you try setting a different sorting option for your playlists and disabling custom order to see if that makes a difference. You can find detailed instructions on how to toggle these settings here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts