Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect don't show all Devices

Solved!

Spotify Connect don't show all Devices

Hello everybody,

I have some troubles with my Spotify Connect Devices. The Spotify App running on my Windows PC only finds some of my Devices.

My Iphone can find all of them.

Interesting Part: As soon as i connect my Iphone with a Device its available in the Windows Spotify App, as well. 

I already tried to reinstall Spotify.

Spotify Windows Application Version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

Any idea why this is happining ?

Thanks to all!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok so final update. I believe this issue to be a local network one. The receiver wouldn't release the DHCP address assigned to it for love nor money. Even after hard-wiring it and assigning a static IP it couldn't be seen on the network. The router listed all devices connected bar the Sony receiver. That doesn't explain how I was able to Airplay to it from my iOS devices. 

After being powered off overnight and power cycling the network peripherals, the Sony receiver has popped up as a potential listening device. Hoo-ray! 

Not sure if this will be of help to anyone else but good luck and hope y'all get your issues sorted out so you can get back to listening to some tunes again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for your posts.

Your Solutions didn't fixed my problem but it was the right direction. Thanks for that.

In my case my Windows PC uses more than one active Network Adapter. Iam running two virtual VMware Network Adapters and a physical one. I seems the Spotify App is confused with more than one Network Adapter. I disabled all Adapters with the except of my physical one, now Spotify shows all my Devices. Yeah 🙂

Now, I have to decide running a virtual Machine or listing to Music 😄

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same issue here. I normally open Spotify on my Windows 10 PC, and select my Sony AV Receiver under devices. As of today, the Spotify app doesn't list the receiver in the list of devices. I can ping the receiver, access the shares on it from the PC. More importantly, I can airplay to it from my iOS devices. 

So..what changed? Well I have updated the wireless setup recently but the SSID and password remain the same. 

Next step, reverse said changes to wifi setup and try again. I should add a wired connection doesn't fare any better. If reversing those changes doesn't fix the issue, I believe it to be a recent update by Spotify.

Will update the results here post test.

Reversed wifi changes - no joy. I also setup another router on a secondary network, connected my PC and Sony A/V Receiver directly to it via ethernet cable. Same result. I also tried the Windows app from another device with the same results. I have put back my setup as it was.

Interestingly, other devices are discovered just fine including SONOS Play, Spotify on Amazon Echo, another instance of the Desktop App running at work...amongst others.

Looks to be the Windows desktop app that's plagued by this issue. Spotify..please investigate.

Marked as solution

Ok so final update. I believe this issue to be a local network one. The receiver wouldn't release the DHCP address assigned to it for love nor money. Even after hard-wiring it and assigning a static IP it couldn't be seen on the network. The router listed all devices connected bar the Sony receiver. That doesn't explain how I was able to Airplay to it from my iOS devices. 

After being powered off overnight and power cycling the network peripherals, the Sony receiver has popped up as a potential listening device. Hoo-ray! 

Not sure if this will be of help to anyone else but good luck and hope y'all get your issues sorted out so you can get back to listening to some tunes again.

Marked as solution

Thank you for your posts.

Your Solutions didn't fixed my problem but it was the right direction. Thanks for that.

In my case my Windows PC uses more than one active Network Adapter. Iam running two virtual VMware Network Adapters and a physical one. I seems the Spotify App is confused with more than one Network Adapter. I disabled all Adapters with the except of my physical one, now Spotify shows all my Devices. Yeah 🙂

Now, I have to decide running a virtual Machine or listing to Music 😄

Suggested posts