My Question or Issue
I have a new computer. Spotify will not recognize any of my local files on the desktop version, which are only about a dozen at this point.
Here's what I've tried:
* "clean" reinstall (as I've seen described elsewhere) and reinstalling from Windows Store
* Toggling the "local files" to on in the preferences menu.
* Putting the music in a specific folder and identifying it to Spotify in the preferences menu. Removing the music files from the folder and putting them back. Putting them into the default Music folder.
* Turning off local files in preferences, shutting off Spotify, deleting the local-files.bnk file and restarting Spotify.
* Checking my files for DRM, making sure the details in the properties description were correctly filled in, and making sure there's no unusual characters present.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can try, or where I can find a previous version of Spotify where this feature worked.