Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop (Windows) won't install cause of allegedly Windows Store Version

Solved!

Spotify Desktop (Windows) won't install cause of allegedly Windows Store Version

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't install spotify via Download, because of alleged version from the microsoft/windows store. Although I fully deinstalled the version AND deinstalled the whole microsoft store itself! 

Still I get this error, when I run the installation-file: "wir haben eine über den windows store installierte version von spotify gefunden. Deinstalliere diese Version zunächst oder führe das Update über den Windows Store durch." (german) which translates to "we found a version of spotify installed via the windows store. Uninstall this version first or update via the Windows Store.". Which confuses me.

I've already tried: 

- checking any remains of Spotify in *AppData* 

- reinstall => deinstall microsoft version (was before I deinstalled the store)

- running setup-file from different locations

Is there maybe a work-around? 

Help would be great!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @honig07,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We understand you've already checked for any remains of the app, but just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough and would remove all files from the computer.

If the issue persists, can you let us know what happens if you try downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store? Does it show as the app is downloaded already or does it give you the option to download it?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @honig07,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We understand you've already checked for any remains of the app, but just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough and would remove all files from the computer.

If the issue persists, can you let us know what happens if you try downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store? Does it show as the app is downloaded already or does it give you the option to download it?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

yep, I've tried following these steps as closely as I could.

Also I have now reinstalled the Microsoft Store to try this out. Now it doesn't show that I have installed it, but when I hover over the install button, it shows that red nono cursor and wont let me install it.

Oh by the I think I accidentaly made your post a solution, but it isnt, Can I unmark it?

Hey @honig07,

Thanks for the reply.

I've unmarked the solution per your request.

Could you check this site and tell us how the steps from there went for you?

The issue you're experiencing seems to be related to the Microsoft Store itself and the OS.

Let us know how that went for you,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks a lot!!!

There were some updates to windows, which didn'nt install automatically.

Now I can both, install via Microsoft Store AND website.

Suggested posts