Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

"This content is not available" when I click on my liked songs and when i search new

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Samsung Galaxy 20FE, MSI Gaming Laptop late 2019)Operating System(Android 20, Windows 10) My Question or IssueALL DESKTOP CONTENT is unavailable. All of my liked songs and even everything i search for. Spotify essentially ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (Samsung Galaxy 20FE, MSI Gaming Laptop late 2019) Operating System (Android 20, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue ALL DESKTOP CONTENT is unavailable. ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Sort Playlist Tracks (especially My Episodes)

I would like to be able to sort the My Episodes podcast playlist by Podcast Name, Date Added, and maybe Date Released. I listen to some podcasts from start to end, but then there are others that come out every day that I want to start my day with. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to be able to sort the My Episodes podcast playlist by Podcast Name, Date Added, and maybe Date Released. I listen to some podcasts from start to end, but then there are others that come...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Column titled # contains wrong value when filtering playlist

When you filter a playlist the value in the column titled # does not match the actual number in the playlist. This makes it hard to navigate to a filtered track later. Another option, to select a track in the filtered list and clear the filter also d...

• Music Fan
  • When you filter a playlist the value in the column titled # does not match the actual number in the playlist. This makes it hard to navigate to a filtered track later.   Another option, to sel...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Window not maximizing fully - a small bar is left on the bottom

Plan: PremiumCountry: NorwayDevice: ASUS Notebook S406UOperating System: Windows 11 Home version 21H2 (installed 28.12.2021) My Issue:When I maximize the Spotify window on my desktop, it is not fully maximized. There is a small bar left between the m...

Hans_Petter_1-1640729201147.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Norway Device: ASUS Notebook S406U Operating System: Windows 11 Home version 21H2 (installed 28.12.2021)   My Issue: When I maximize the Spotify window on my desktop...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution podcast video resolutions

PlanFree/CountryUSDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having issues with playback of a video podcast. My internet wont support whatever the default resolution is, and I get a constant buffering because of this. This makes foll...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/ Country US Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having issues with playback of a video podcast. My internet wont support whatever the defau...
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics disapeared

PlanFreeCountryBrazilDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUntil last month, I was praticing my japanese using Japanese songs, like SCANDAL - Hon Wo Yomu, etc. And sudently, after the last Update, the app (the one that we downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Brazil Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Until last month, I was praticing my japanese using Japanese songs, like SCANDAL - Hon Wo Yo...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play through my laptops HDMI port

PC app on Windows 10 works fine if I'm playing a song through my laptops speakers or the aux port but if I try to use it through my laptops HDMI cable to my reciever I get "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can imp...

• Casual Listener
  •  PC app on Windows 10 works fine if I'm playing a song through my laptops speakers or the aux port but if I try to use it through my laptops HDMI cable to my reciever I get "This song is no...
  • ap_richardson
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! will Spotify 2020 wrapped be available on Desktop in the future?

hi, I noticed that Spotify 2020 wrapped has been released for a lot of people on the mobile app, but I was wondering if there were any plans to also release it to users on Desktop, like previous years. thanks!

• hi, I noticed that Spotify 2020 wrapped has been released for a lot of people on the mobile app, but I was wondering if there were any plans to also release it to users on Desktop, like previous year...
  • loumauve
  • 18 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 30 likes

Spotify won´t play music

Ok so the problem that I have is that on my Desktop (Win 8.1, latest updates etc) Spotify won´t play any music over certain outputs.If I set my audio output (for the whole pc) to my headset everything works perfectly fine. But when I set it to my Aud...

• Visitor
  • Ok so the problem that I have is that on my Desktop (Win 8.1, latest updates etc) Spotify won´t play any music over certain outputs. If I set my audio output (for the whole pc) to my headset everyth...
  • Marcwithacmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Output Device
    Won´t play songs
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cant play any songs at all

Operating SystemWindows 10Pro 64bit My IssueI have this problem since a few months. If i try to play any songs at all spotify sends me a message that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.". ...

Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.06 - 19.11.34.01 (3).png
  • Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10Pro 64bit   My Issue I have this problem since a few months. If i try to play any songs at all spotify sends me a message that says "Spotify can't play this right ...
  • ramistereo
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't cut, copy or paste local files

Operating SystemWindows 10 Hello. Thought I'd try one last time to request help before moving to a different streaming service. There are other threads on this issue, but they are old and some are even marked as "Solved" when they clearly weren't, wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10   Hello. Thought I'd try one last time to request help before moving to a different streaming service. There are other threads on this issue, but they are old and ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling songs up in a playlist does not work in new Desktop update

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the latest update of the desktop app, I can no longer use the mouse to scroll songs upwards in my playlist. I can only move them up in what is shown in the page...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the latest update of the desktop app, I can no longer use the mouse to...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Music interrupts

PlanPremiumCountryRussia DeviceHP Probook G5 (desktop) + Edge + Chrome Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMusic interrupts without my intervention, see the attached video. I can't play. The same behavior is observed on Edge and Chrome bro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia   Device HP Probook G5 (desktop) + Edge + Chrome  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Music interrupts without my intervention, se...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not able to stablish internet connection

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI tried to use the app in Chrome browser and desktop. None of them work. In browser, I am not able to even log in (after this step the "something went wrong" appears) a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I tried to use the app in Chrome browser and desktop. None of them work. In browser, I am no...
  • bserranoanton
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files

PlanFreeCountrybrazilDevicecomputerOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuei already turned on the local files option and selected the music source, but my local files DOESNT show up in my albuns or in the music library. I already checked and ...

•   Plan Free Country brazil Device computer Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue i already turned on the local files option and selected the music source, but my loc...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not showing as Discord status

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC I've been fighting with this for weeks now. I've disconnected then reconnected the two apps, logged out of all devices through the Spotify website, cleared the caches, and even uninstalled and reinstalled both apps and s...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device PC   I've been fighting with this for weeks now. I've disconnected then reconnected the two apps, logged out of all devices through the Spotify website, cl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discord
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant login to account

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just downloaded Spotify on my pc, and whenever I try to login it says "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just downloaded Spotify on my pc, and whenever I try to login it says "A firewall may be block...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I'm experiencing multiple issues with my app

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuethe top bar in playlists is transparent when it shouldn't (zrzut ekranu 104817)my friends activity isn't showing (zrzut ekranu 104829)when moving songs in a playlist it do...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue the top bar in playlists is transparent when it shouldn't (zrzut ekranu 104817) my friends act...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Drag and Drop up no longer works

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueYou can't drag and drop a up, only down now with the new update. There is a zone at the very bottom of the screen(just above the banner adbar) that when the song in a playlist is dragged over it to move ...

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue You can't drag and drop a up, only down now with the new update.   There is a zone at the very bottom of the screen(just above the b...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Discord doesn't seem to be in Spotify's case

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI talked to Discord before I came to get your help, and I did everything they said, but the problem wasn't solved, so I think the problem is not about discord, but a...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I talked to Discord before I came to get your help, and I did everything they sai...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes