Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After unpausing a song, it mutes but apparently keeps playing and remains muted until I pick another

After unpausing a song, it mutes but apparently keeps playing and remains muted until I pick another

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After I pause a song on Spotify for Windows and then come back to resume it, the progress bar moves as if the song is playing but there is zero audio. The only way I have found to fix this is restart from another song. This happens literally every time I pause a song. I couldn't find this issue on the internet.

5 Replies

Hey @nth0,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community 🙂

As a first step, can you please try reinstalling your Spotify app as described in this support page article? If that doesn't help, we'd recommend making sure that your audio drivers and operating system are up-to-date.

Take care and keep us posted!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I reinstalled the app on my Windows laptop, but the issue still seems to persist. My OS and drivers are up-to-date.

Hello @nth0!

Sorry to hear that a reinstall hasn't done the job.
There are currently two different versions of the app: one from our website and one from the Microsoft app store (optimized for Windows).
Could you please check & confirm to us if both have the same issue for you?
Thanks!

VasilModerator

Hello. Sorry for the late response, I've been occupied with other things. I tried using the version of Spotify from the Microsoft Store, but the issue still persisted.

Hey @nth0,

Thanks for your response.

As a next step, can you please check your Windows hosts file for any entries containing Spotify? Here's a guide how to do it.

Keep us posted.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts