Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So when I open Spotify from either the website download or the Microsoft store version, it automatically crashes after logging in. If it's already logged in, it crashes on startup. I have no idea how to fix this.

7 Replies

Hey there @yaladre

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know how much available storage space does your PC have?

Lastly, we suggest checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Okay, I have tried the solutions provided, however none have solved my problem. As for the amount of space I have, I have 10 Gigabytes on my C Drive, which is where I would normally install Spotify on.

Hey @yaladre,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if the same happens in any other device where you use the app? If possible, try on a different computer.

Additionally, try restarting your router to see if maybe it's network-related.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Hi there, I did try on a different computer, and it worked fine. I did also try restarting the router, but that proved to be of no success.

Hi there @yaladre,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Would you mind checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates? 

We also suggest that you try clearing the files in this location:

C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app again while in Windows Safe mode? This will allow you access to some files which are sometimes not accessible.

We'll keep an eye out f or your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

clearing the files and installing in safe mode didn't do the trick, my computer also had no pending updates. I should probably have mentioned this earlier, but this just randomly happened and spotify refused to open after that. It was working fine before, I have no clue what caused it to act up.

Hi again @yaladre,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Could you make sure that Spotify is added as an exception to all Firewall and Antivirus apps?

Also, could you let us know if you notice anything new if you turn Hardware Acceleration off?

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts