Announcements

Spotify Web Player: Something went wrong, please reload page (fixed with Ctrl+F5?)

Spotify Web Player: Something went wrong, please reload page (fixed with Ctrl+F5?)

Gilchrist

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

Browser

Firefox

I was getting this error that said "Something went wrong, please reload the page" every time I tried to access the web player, so I tried to troubleshoot it myself by checking the hosts file (which was fine) and uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox. The reinstall worked for the first login, but then once I closed and reopened the tab the message was back. It seems to go away after refreshing with Ctrl+F5 (as opposed to just F5), but does anyone know how to make it go away permanently? I don't want to Ctrl+F5 every time I open the web player.

7 Replies

OscarDC

Hey @Gilchrist,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The keyboard command CTRL + F5 performs a forced refresh of the webpage by deleting temporary files and cache that may cause any issues. As the Web Player works well when deleting those files, we'd recommend deleting permanently all the cache stored in your browser (or browsers in case that you use more than one) and reinstall it again to sync the information.

As an alternative, you can use the Web Player from an incognito/private window as this feature doesn't store any cache on your device.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up or if you have any additional questions, remember that the Community is just one reply away.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Gilchrist

Hi,

I tried doing the permanent deletion of cache + temp files (in both Firefox and Chrome), and then uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox from there, but the problem still persists. It still fixes itself with Ctrl+F5 though, so I'm not quite sure what I might be doing wrong.

OscarDC

Hey @Gilchrist,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared. 

To keep investigating your issue, could you check if this issue happens on the same device using a different WiFi network or mobile data hotspot?

Also, would you mind checking it on a different device to see if you have the same error message? This will give us a better view at what could be happening. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Gilchrist

Hi,

The problem still occurs regardless of which internet connection I'm on. I don't have a convenient different device to test on however, so I can't say for sure if it would persist on another device.

Novy

Hi again @Gilchrist,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, could you tell us if the issue persists when using Chrome or a different browser? Additionally, let us know if the issue started after a recent update.

Lastly, we understand you might not have a different PC to test it at the moment, but you can also try accessing the web player from an internet browser in your phone. 

We'll be here standing by.

NovyModerator

Gilchrist

Hello,

The issue doesn't persist if I'm using Chrome at least. In addition it doesn't seem to pop up if I use the mobile web browser. I believe it occurred after an update, but I can't say for certain.

Eni

Hey @Gilchrist

Thanks for letting us know. 

Based on the info you sent we ruled out this to be an account issue, nor an issue with the web player itself as it works fine in Chrome. 

In this case, we suggest to use a different browser or the desktop app in the meantime, and make sure to keep Firefox up to date so you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts

Env: prod