Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Solved!

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

HP Pavilion

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify all of the sudden refuses to play anything. it doesn't play any song, podcasts, downloaded songs, local files, nothing. It cycles through a few songs when trying to play one, and then stops with the message in the blue bar "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I tried literally every solution I found on the internet, the hosts file, firewall, re-install, remove localfiles.bnk, sounds quality output in sound settings, hardware acceleration. On android and on the web app, it works fine, but the desktop app doesn't work at all.

Is there another solution I haven't tried yet?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can confirm this does not work. Mainly because I only have one headphone jack, and the built-in speakers did not work either.

However what did work was downloading Spotify from the windows store instead of from the official website.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @rocktailer,

thanks for reaching out about this !

A good indication to figure out if the issue is connection related would be to test your account on a different network/WiFi and even on different devices.

If you're using a local home router/modem, i suggest you unplug it for a minute and plug it back in.

Make sure to verify that there's nothing blocking the app like a firewall or new anti-virus you installed.

Also, try remembering if you have done any changes in your system recently that might have effected it.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

@OneByBoo It stopped working once I moved to my dorm, while it did work at home hours before just right. But I tried connecting to a few public spots and even my phone's hotspot and it still doesn't play. I checked my firewall and it should not block Spotify as far as I'm aware. I'll check again if it works at home later in the week, but it worked fine before on the same networks. It also doesn't play during offline mode or local files, so I don't think its really network related.

There were also no changes to my antivirus or system changes as far as I'm aware

I've tried every solution on the internet delete local files, uninstall, clear hosts log, change audio drivers, all I did was move to my dorms and now Spotify refuses to work. Absolute trash program... especially for a billion dollar company.

Spotify needs to redesign this program obviously there is something wrong with the program, its not working for millions of people who moved for college and thats a joke. You guys need fix this **bleep**ing issue its been months and years were waiting for a solution, **bleep**ing come up with one or ur competitor is going to for you. **bleep**ing **bleep**s.

Please do not spam this thread with no solutions and made up solutions. TO OP, i have found your issue, please change the USB or Audio Jack you're using to another one, preferably without usb 2.0 or 3.1, look for normal USB jacks this should fix the issue.

Marked as solution

Can confirm this does not work. Mainly because I only have one headphone jack, and the built-in speakers did not work either.

However what did work was downloading Spotify from the windows store instead of from the official website.

Suggested posts