Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Windows 10 Desktop App, Songs Not Loading

FreeUnited StatesCustom Built PCWindows 10 I seem to be having issue with the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC.For some reason, song aren't loading at all after clicking them to play. Maybe you'll be lucky to get one out of several to play, an...

• Free United States Custom Built PC Windows 10   I seem to be having issue with the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC. For some reason, song aren't loading at all after clicking them ...
  • lcllng
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs in Playlist got duplicated

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceAcer LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAll songs in my playlist got duplicated. Howa can i solve this? I don't wanna go through 1000 songs and deleting every second.(The Playlist is made out of songs...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Acer Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue All songs in my playlist got duplicated. Howa can i solve this? I don...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs)

PlanPremiumCountryPoland IssueDaily mix playlist not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs) Steps for reproduce bug1. Start Daily Mix playlist2. Switch to listen on Android (Spotify on PC still works)3. Listen songs to grayed ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Issue Daily mix playlist not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs)   Steps for reproduce bug 1. Start Daily Mix playlist 2. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Will crash when trying to play a song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindwos 10Whenever i try to play a song the client on windows 10 for spotify crashes, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client as well as getting the app from the window...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windwos 10 Whenever i try to play a song the client on windows 10 for spotify crashes, i have tried uninstalling and...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i fix the "spotify can't play this right now"

Curious how i can fix this issue. where it just cycles through songs over and over won't play anything. NO it has nothing to do with my pc, no settings have changed nothing has changed so im hoping for an actual fix. both my pc and phone do the same ...

• Curious how i can fix this issue. where it just cycles through songs over and over won't play anything. NO it has nothing to do with my pc, no settings have changed nothing has changed so im hoping f...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify added songs from my followed playlists to my own playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, I found that spotify keeps adding songs from the playlists I follow to my own playlist, it seems to do it when I play the song from the followed playlist, then I gp ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, I found that spotify keeps adding songs from the playlists I follow to my own playlist, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Technical Issues
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Your Daily Mix app isn't working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceIphone XR and Windows computerOperating SystemiOS 10 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am a long time user of Spotify and I have grown to be pretty dependent on the Daily Mix feature. When I logged on today, al...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Iphone XR and Windows computer Operating System iOS 10 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am a long time user of Spotify and I have grown...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Daily mix issues
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add songs to playlists in either the app or the web player unless they're from the recommended

Hello, I'm a blind user who has been enjoying Spotify for over two years. However, I've been unable to really do anything with Playlists in all this time. The other day, I decided to see if using the web player would make the process easier, as I had...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I'm a blind user who has been enjoying Spotify for over two years. However, I've been unable to really do anything with Playlists in all this time. The other day, I decided to see if ...
  • the_imaginatrix
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a Playlist that can't rearrange, i can in others, but not in that in particular.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country México Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a Playlist that can't rearrange, i can in others, but not in that in particular...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download list of my hearted songs

I'd like to download a list of all of my favorited songs, albums, and artists. Any metadata I can get might be useful, since I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with the information yet, but my priorities are:1) It needs to be JUST stuff I've f...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to download a list of all of my favorited songs, albums, and artists. Any metadata I can get might be useful, since I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with the information yet, but my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs do not play

Good Afternoon all, It's interesting how I cannot play most of the songs on Spotify, while connected to a certain Hotspost, which is hosted by a Laptop, instead of a router. This only happens, when I am connected to that network. Let's say I use choo...

• Visitor
  • ...ave done?   1. Reinstalled the app. 2. Reinstalled Windows 10 3. Edited file "Hosts" & deleted it. 4. Blocked/Unblocked firewall settings 5. Went from Public to Private Network 6. U...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No music avaliable to play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have this issue that my spotify on my pc will not detect any music at all. I have reinstalled and uninstalled numerous times but my 500 liked songs do not show up on deskto...

Screenshot_9.png
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have this issue that my spotify on my pc will not detect any music at all. I have reinst...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Song won't play for a few seconds

For the past week my spotify songs didn't start playing for a few seconds, it will still play the song, but it will wait a few seconds before actually playing it, would I have to reinstall spotify for windows or what? Thanks in advanced

• Casual Listener
  • For the past week my spotify songs didn't start playing for a few seconds, it will still play the song, but it will wait a few seconds before actually playing it, would I have to reinstall spotify fo...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

again spotify slowly!

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe program has been very slow. The opening time of the program, the time to start playing the songs, the time to increase the volume and decrease the time slowed down sig...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The program has been very slow. The opening time of the program, the time to start playing the ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows Desktop app loads very slowly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or IssueEvery time I open the Spotify Premium desktop app, the Spotify window opens with the top and left bars, but no content, just a black empty space where music options should be....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue Every time I open the Spotify Premium desktop app, the Spotify window opens with the top and left b...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Install update loop, error code: 24

PlanFreeCountryUKDevicePC (Asus Z97-P, Intel Core i5-4670K)Operating SystemWindows 10 x64 My Question or IssueEach time I get a Spotify update I get stuck in an installer error loop which means I can't open Spotify at all unless I uninstall and reins...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device PC (Asus Z97-P, Intel Core i5-4670K) Operating System Windows 10 x64   My Question or Issue Each time I get a Spotify update I get stuck in an installe...
  • BritishMuffin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error code 24
    installer error
    update error
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs randomly stop

PlanFreeCountryIsraelDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSongs just stop randomly playing, each song has its own time it stops in, some end after about a minute and some after 10 seconds, I couldn't find any fix to this, is th...

• Plan Free Country Israel Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Songs just stop randomly playing, each song has its own time it stops in, some end after abou...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

'Can't Play Current Song' after 6ish seconds

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomDeviceRazer Blade StealthOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been using spotify for many years now, but recently, whenever I try to play a song from a playlist it will play 6 seconds then stop. This does...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country United Kingdom Device Razer Blade Stealth Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been using spotify for many years now, but recently, whene...
  • himanijain
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[HELP] Cannot share songs to instagram stories

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceSamsung A50Operating SystemAndoid version 9 My Question or IssueI cannot seem to share songs on instagram via instagram stories. There is no 'Share to instagram option' I used to be able to share songs to instagram wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Samsung A50 Operating System Andoid version 9   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to share songs on instagram via instagram stories.  There ...
  • Ari_Ardiansyah
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Re: Spotify devices keep being out of sync

I trying reinstall any software, installing windows .exe app, installing windows store app, but the problem presists.First time, I try the web player in my PC, affter I save a music on my notebook. It is sync the music, but the windows app nothing. L...

• Visitor
  • I trying reinstall any software, installing windows .exe app, installing windows store app, but the problem presists. First time, I try the web player in my PC, affter I save a music on my noteboo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes