Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Stop recommending me this one song.

Operating System(Android, Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo I'm quite fond of the normal songs that Spotify recommends to me. HOWEVER! within this lists there are 2 or 3 songs that I absolutely hate and have to skip past every time. Which is especia...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System (Android, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So I'm quite fond of the normal songs that Spotify recommends to me. HOWEVER! within this lists there are 2 or 3 songs that I ab...
  • heart2handle
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Re: Playlists appear empty on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptop (HP)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just noticed today that my entire Spotify on my computer has empty library and playlists! Even playlists from other people are empty! I had the Windows 10 app, and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop (HP) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just noticed today that my entire Spotify on my computer has empty library and playlist...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Not Updating

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy friends feed isn't updating. It was working yesterday, but today when I log on, my friend feed has reverted back to what everyone was listening to 3 days ago even though I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My friends feed isn't updating. It was working yesterday, but today when I log on, my friend f...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Let me configure media keys in spotify settings to control volume/play pause/etc

I've been trying to post this suggestion in these forums and I got directed here. I still do not know if this is the correct place to post it, these forums are really confusing. Anyway Spotify has a major inconvenience explained below: A very importa...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to post this suggestion in these forums and I got directed here. I still do not know if this is the correct place to post it, these forums are really confusing.   Anyway Spoti...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] "Something went wrong, try again later" error when disliking songs/artists

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhen I try to dislike songs or artists in my Discover Weekly or Release Radar, I always get the error "something went wrong, try again later" and the same songs/arti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue When I try to dislike songs or artists in my Discover Weekly or Release...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sort some playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating SystemWindows 10, installed app, not web app.My Question or IssueI like sorting playlists by recently added. I am able to do that on all of my own and other users playlits. But I have narrowed it down to Spotifys own...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System Windows 10, installed app, not web app. My Question or Issue I like sorting playlists by recently added. I am able to do that on all of my own and ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 7 Blue Screen When Song Ends

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium My Question or IssueSpotify causes my computer to crash with a BSOD at the end of a song. This problem is intermittent, but when it occurs, it will continue to occur. As far ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium   My Question or Issue Spotify causes my computer to crash with a BSOD at the end of a song. This pro...
  • prb1222
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming to Echo Stereo Pair

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Note 10+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSo I have 3 amazon echo devices and one iLive Concierge which is like a cheap echo. I also have a tv and AV receiver that can be streamed to and 2 of my echos ar...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Note 10+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue So I have 3 amazon echo devices and one iLive Concierge which is like a cheap echo....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Radar - Wrong Artist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceWindows 101.1.15.448.g00fba0e3Really all devices (the problem appears to be in release radar/spotify backend) My Question or IssueFrom time to time, some artists with the same name as another artist are wrongfull...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Windows 10 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3 Really all devices (the problem appears to be in release radar/spotify backend)   My Question or Issue ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to rearrange tracks of an entire playlist without doing it manually for each song?

PlanPremiumCountryAllDevicePC application and possibly Web too?Operating SystemWin 10 +...?My Question or Issue Is there a way to rearrange track of an entire playlist without doing it manually for each song?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country All Device PC application and possibly Web too? Operating System Win 10 +...? My Question or Issue   Is there a way to rearrange track of an entire playlist withou...
  • Shuidong
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error submitting my playlist, pls help! (Playlist Exchange)

Hi, I tried posting my playlist in Playlist Exchange several times now. When i put in the URL (spotify:playlist:4D9WbLWQ4dRX9mBxTlbtGi) I get an error saying that i have to use a valid URL but im 100% sure this link is valid.Because it also show the ...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I tried posting my playlist in Playlist Exchange several times now.  When i put in the URL (spotify:playlist:4D9WbLWQ4dRX9mBxTlbtGi)  I get an error saying that i have ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Clicking on album returns reverse order of playlist when playlist is sorted by 'Recent'.

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueClicking on the album art so it returns to the song in the playlist I'm listening from is really handy, but now it doesn't work anymore.Let's say a song playing is the third most ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Clicking on the album art so it returns to the song in the playlist I'm listening from is really handy, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips all the songs

PlanPremiumCountryFIDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSuddenly Spotify skips all the songs in que with no sound, re-populates the album that I have played some time a go, goes through that album, and finally "que" is empty....

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country FI Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Suddenly Spotify skips all the songs in que with no sound, re-populates the album tha...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • empty
    no sound
    Play Que
    skip
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays Songs not on Playlist

Hello, I've searched for the answer to this problem but to no avail. I'm a new Spotify user with premium. I haven't made any of my own playlists yet so I selected a few of the existing ones and started playing them. Problem is, after a song finishes,...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I've searched for the answer to this problem but to no avail. I'm a new Spotify user with premium. I haven't made any of my own playlists yet so I selected a few of the existing...
  • GenoS1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Not Playing

PlanPremium DeviceSurface Pro Operating SystemWindows 10 version 1903 My Question or IssueNormally, spotify app for my surface pro had working just fine. But all of the sudden, I get an error message at the top of the screen in blue with white copy a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device Surface Pro   Operating System Windows 10 version 1903   My Question or Issue Normally, spotify app for my surface pro had working just fine. But all of...
  • zplost
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    won't play
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem to find music

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Dell Inspiron 5570Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10My Question or IssueHello, I have problem with my Spotify App on desktop. When I want ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Dell Inspiron 5570 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10 My Questio...
  • GeeksAdvice
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Queue playing

Plan: PremiumUSAWindows 10 & Mac When I go to "Liked Songs" and select a song, if I use the Next button, it isn't playing the next song in the Liked Songs. Instead it's pulling from the Queue list. When I go to the Queue list, it's a bunch of various...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium USA Windows 10 & Mac     When I go to "Liked Songs" and select a song, if I use the Next button, it isn't playing the next song in the Liked Songs. Instead it's pulli...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist and Song Suggestions

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, and PCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueIs there a way to turn off the suggested artists and songs on the home screen on a PC? I know I can skip past it, but I don't want to see it at all when I l...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 9, and PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Is there a way to turn off the suggested artists and songs on the home screen on...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryMaltaDeviceAsus Scar 2 (GL504GW)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having the issuer where both Micrsoft Store and Desktop version of Spotify is telling me "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malta Device Asus Scar 2 (GL504GW) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having the issuer where both Micrsoft Store and Desktop version of Spotif...
  • l3ml
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify automatically changes songs and dont let anything to play

Plan - PremiumCountry - israelDevice - PC - CPU AMD 3900X, MB GIGABYT AORUS MASTER X570Operating System - windows 10 fully updateMy Question or Issuewhen i open my spotify on windows and hit play on playlist or any song the software automatically cha...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Country - israel Device - PC - CPU AMD 3900X, MB GIGABYT AORUS MASTER X570 Operating System - windows 10 fully update My Question or Issue when i open my spotify on wind...
  • ApolloLovell
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes