Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Liked Songs Do Not Keep Heart

PlanPremium My Question or IssueI can like songs through the heart and the "..." to the left of the song duration. My issue comes to the song keeping the heart. It will show up in my "Liked Songs," but it will not have the heart anymore. Is there a w...

• Plan Premium   My Question or Issue I can like songs through the heart and the "..." to the left of the song duration. My issue comes to the song keeping the heart. It will show up in my "Li...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

problemas de acessibilidade com software leitor de telas

olá. uso o spotify com o windows. ocorre que o aplicativo, a vários meses, começou apresentar um probleminha de acessibilidade que torna seu uso estremamente difícil para deficientes visuais que se utilizam leitores de tela como o JAWS e o NVDA. o pr...

• olá. uso o spotify com o windows.    ocorre que o aplicativo, a vários meses, começou apresentar um probleminha de acessibilidade que torna seu uso estremamente difícil para deficientes v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect to Local Devices Only

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSorry if this is something that has been posted already. Trying to search for this issue for only the desktop windows app was not easy and I did not find anything. My request/issu...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sorry if this is something that has been posted already. Trying to search for this issue for only the deskt...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • device setting
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Import iTunes Playlists

New Spotify user here. I want to import some iTunes playlists. I found lots of instructions for this with a google search, but they all say to open file, import, import playlist. When I go to the file menu, there is no import option. Has Spotify done...

• New Spotify user here.  I want to import some iTunes playlists.  I found lots of instructions for this with a google search, but they all say to open file, import, import playlist.  Wh...
  • chandail
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

New Facebook account

I recently deleted the facebook account I made my spotify account with, now I can't disconnect nor connect a facebook account to my Spotify account. I have made a spotify password and all, and my username is a bunch of numbers just as it said it woul...

• I recently deleted the facebook account I made my spotify account with, now I can't disconnect nor connect a facebook account to my Spotify account. I have made a spotify password and all, and my use...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop and TV display different artist and track?

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMy usual way of listening to spotify is via my windows 10 Spotyfy App desktop pc and connect to my reciver (Denon AVR X2300W) via home netvork.The reciver then displays the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue My usual way of listening to spotify is via my windows 10 Spotyfy App desktop pc and connect to my reci...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New account albums vanished

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueJust signed up yesterday. Yesterday could find some albums (in particular Blue Oyster Cult: Curse of the Hidden Mirror, and Blue Oyster Cult: Heaven Forbid . Today those alb...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue Just signed up yesterday. Yesterday could find some albums (in particular Blue Oys...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting playlists alphabetically

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I often sort my long playlists alphabetically by the artist name. I sometimes also create playlists with alphabetical themes or based on the first letters of the artist'...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I often sort my long playlists alphabetically by the artist name. I sometimes also cre...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to change playlist description

PlanFreeCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello there, When I change the description of my playlists (Procedure used : click on the cover -> type new description -> save th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello there,  When I change the description...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor Audio Quality

I have a very strange problem. I recorded some tracks with Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder. The vocals on all trracks are quiet and distorted with 'phasing'. At first I blamed the Recorder, then I thought the problem was with my system as all my ...

• I have a very strange problem. I recorded some tracks with Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder. The vocals on all trracks are quiet and distorted with 'phasing'. At first I blamed the Recor...
  • blackshady
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove trash from home

PlanPremium CountryBrazil DeviceAny My Question or IssueThose suggestions are often trash (or, in some cases, offensive).Please, allow us to remove this by an option (or, at least, have the common sense of not offering trash, based on what we use to ...

Capture.PNG
  • Plan Premium   Country Brazil   Device Any   My Question or Issue Those suggestions are often trash (or, in some cases, offensive). Please, allow us to remove this by an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Onky Device in Windows App not possible

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceHP Envy NotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 64bit My Question or IssueHello I have a problem to remove an Onky System from my Spotify Connect list inside my windows app. I've already tried to:change my passwordlogout...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device HP Envy Notebook Operating System Windows 10 64bit   My Question or Issue Hello   I have a problem to remove an Onky System from my Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing random song instead of next song on playlist

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandDevice Operating SystemAndroid and Windows 10 My Question or IssueAs the title says.. it plays a random song as if you played a single track. It wont play the next track on the playlist. Happens on both desktop and my phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherland Device   Operating System Android and Windows 10   My Question or Issue As the title says.. it plays a random song as if you played a single track....
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify closes itself

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePC (desktop)Operating SystemWindows 7 IssueWhen I open up Spotify on my computer (regardless if I run it as admin or not) it starts downloading songs from one of my playlists right before the program closes itself automa...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC (desktop) Operating System Windows 7   Issue When I open up Spotify on my computer (regardless if I run it as admin or not) it starts downloading ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Spotify App Discord Integration not working

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey,I've seen this problem come up for many people but none of the solutions worked for me.Listening to a song on Spotify Web works perfectly fine with the discord i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey, I've seen this problem come up for many people but none of the solutions worked for...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not syncing to Mobile phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn my desktop Spotify version, I have some local MP3 files. I added them to an existing playlist. But they will not sync to my mobile phone? I tried re-downloading etc....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XR Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In my desktop Spotify version, I have some local MP3 files. I added them to an existing play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Allow artist in phone app???

I noticed a few days ago that Blind Faith's albums are in the Spotify library but none of them will play on mobile. I just tried to play a song using the desktop app and received this message. What?? I don't see an option anywhere to 'allow' an artis...

• Visitor
  • I noticed a few days ago that Blind Faith's albums are in the Spotify library but none of them will play on mobile. I just tried to play a song using the desktop app and received this message. What??...
  • zerinoid
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing artists

I'm trying to delete the artists listed in the "artists" tab located in the sidebar. I'm not following any of the artists there any more, and none of their songs are listed in any other playlist of mine. Is there a way to delete them? I was able to e...

• I'm trying to delete the artists listed in the "artists" tab located in the sidebar. I'm not following any of the artists there any more, and none of their songs are listed in any other playlist of m...
  • byronsnake
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any songs on spotify pc

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI used spotify on pc before get premium and I had the same problem,I can't play any song,I click on the play button but nothing starts playing,the song bar in the botto...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I used spotify on pc before get premium and I had the same problem,I can't play an...
  • Eth0n
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify opens automatically despite selection.

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I have selected the option for Spotify to NOT open at Windows startup (located in Advanced settings, start-up and windows behaviour.)Yet despite this option being selected Spoti...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Uk Device Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   I have selected the option for Spotify to NOT open at Windows startup (located in Advanced sett...
  • Sschaefer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes