Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Made for you not showing completely on PC

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIsraelDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10)My Question or Issue"Made for you" category on PC (windows 10) showing only 2 mixes while on mobile it shows 5 mixes. Adding a screenshot for clarification

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Israel Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue "Made for you" category on PC (windows 10) showing only 2 mixes while on mobile it shows 5 mix...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Click on currently played track in playlist doesn't highlight that track in playlist

I have a playlist with over 7000 tracks. When I listened to a track and clicked on it in the lower left corner of the windows client the main window switched to the playlist and highlighted the played track before. If I now click on the playing track...

• Music Fan
  • I have a playlist with over 7000 tracks. When I listened to a track and clicked on it in the lower left corner of the windows client the main window switched to the playlist and highlighted the playe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[BUG][Windows] Adding song to playlist for second time, no validation for existing.

PlanFreeCountryBulgariaDevice(Laptop HP)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueIn playlist, section Recomendet songs, after adding a song with mouse right click -> add to playlist -> to playlist X and after adding the song to the playlist X...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Bulgaria Device (Laptop HP) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue In playlist, section Recomendet songs, after adding a song with mouse right click -&g...
  • Shuidong
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity not loading

My friend activity list is coming up completely blank. It was working before I have the option to “find friends” but I already have friends, they’re just not coming up. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted the computer. P...

• Casual Listener
  • My friend activity list is coming up completely blank. It was working before  I have the option to “find friends” but I already have friends, they’re just not coming up. I have already uninstall...
  • Soulfish
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Mutiple Windows users

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue We have a New server computer at work with 2 windows users and 1 spotify account. We have spotify open on both windows users, logged into the same spotify account. When we swit...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   We have a New server computer at work with 2 windows users and 1 spotify account.   We ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop Spotify Auto-Updating

Plan - PremiumUSALaptopWindows 7===========================================================Hey Spotify – you’ve done it again. Why do you keep changing program functionality, particularly of older versions? We went through this a year or so ago. I un...

• Music Fan
  • Plan - Premium USA Laptop Windows 7 =========================================================== Hey Spotify – you’ve done it again.  Why do you keep changing program functionality, particul...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Keeps pausing unless I close the app on another computer - NOT PLAYING SIMULTANEOUSLY

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSomething started happening recently. I have spotify for Windows on my work computer and also on my home computer. If I forget to close the Spotify app on one or the other i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Something started happening recently. I have spotify for Windows on my work computer a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Similar to" tab hasn't updated in a while

PlanPremiumCountryMXDeviceSamsung J5, Android 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe recommendations on the Discover tab haven't updated in a while.This had happened to me before but after the fix applied a few months ago things were wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country MX Device Samsung J5, Android 8 Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue The recommendations on the Discover tab haven't updated in a while. This ...
  • ilikawa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do friends disappear from recent activity?

My Question or Issue I follow my daughter on Spotify and she follows me too. But sometimes she is not visible at all on my friends Recent Activity. in what situation would a followed friend disappear from Recent Activity? If they are in private mode,...

• Visitor
  • ...ollowed friend disappear from Recent Activity? If they are in private mode, do they disappear or continue to show only the last public song played? If they log out of Spotify do they disappear from Recent A...
  • generaldrillham
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app totally unusable

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop app has slowly become totally and completely unusable. In the beginning, it was just songs that would skip past, then half of the made for you playlists would sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop app has slowly become totally and completely unusable. In the beginning, it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files are not linking to Spotify's database entry

Windows 10, latest update At some point in the past, I was able to set a Local Folder and put files into it. Spotify would then recognize many (not all) of these files and play the local file as a result.For example, if I had a local file named "Led ...

• Roadie
  • Windows 10, latest update   At some point in the past, I was able to set a Local Folder and put files into it. Spotify would then recognize many (not all) of these files and play the local fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not playable on desktop, fine on Android phone

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PC, Pixel 3 Android phoneOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have reinstalled my Windows 10 OS as well as Spotify on my desktop PC. I've added my local files to the settings page and now see my local mus...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC, Pixel 3 Android phone Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have reinstalled my Windows 10 OS as well as Spotify on my desktop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A local mp3

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy local mp3 files shows in Playlist but can't be payed why? It is marked with gray colour.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My local mp3 files shows in Playlist but can't be payed why? It is marked with gr...
  • johngeorg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternative ways to scrobble to last.fm on desktop Spotify

The integrated scrobbler on Spotify hasn't been working well for me on mobile lately, especially when I go offline, so I switched to the Scroball app. The problem is that, in order to avoid double scrobbling, I had to go to applications on my Last.fm...

• Visitor
  • The integrated scrobbler on Spotify hasn't been working well for me on mobile lately, especially when I go offline, so I switched to the Scroball app. The problem is that, in order to avoid double sc...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • scrobble
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends Feed only appears in maximized view

Windows 7 64-bit OS, but I have the same problem on my MacBook. I have the Friends Feed enabled, but the sidebar only appears when I have the Spotify player maximized on my monitor. I have a two-monitor setup, but I don't want to lose an entire monit...

• Visitor
  • Windows 7 64-bit OS, but I have the same problem on my MacBook.   I have the Friends Feed enabled, but the sidebar only appears when I have the Spotify player maximized on my monitor. I have a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Link don't open Desktop Version

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevicePc DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince one-two weeks when I click on a Spotify Link on the web (e.g. embedded songs on websites), it doesnt play on Desktop Version anymore. Every time I need to log-in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device Pc Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since one-two weeks when I click on a Spotify Link on the web (e.g. embedded  songs on...
  • Prof3ssorPants
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play vertical videos on PC

PlanPremiumCountryBolivia DevicePC desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 version 1903 My Question or IssueI have this problem with the Spotify app (installed from Microsoft Store): I can't play any playlist video in the app, I tried to reinstall the app,...

• Plan Premium Country Bolivia   Device PC desktop Operating System Windows 10 version 1903   My Question or Issue I have this problem with the Spotify app (installed from Micros...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound is lower than other applications

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceany My Question or IssueI have been trying a couple of streaming services after I decided my 76000+ songs in my plex library still wasn't enough to serve the family. The rest of my family is very attracted to spotif...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device any   My Question or Issue I have been trying a couple of streaming services after I decided my 76000+ songs in my plex library still wasn't enoug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fixed Start/Browse/Radio in left bar

Hey all,is there a function to unfix the Start/Browse/Radio part in the Desktop app? So that it scrolls with the playlists and doesn't stay fixed as top 3 in the left bar? PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 - Spotify App

• Hey all, is there a function to unfix the Start/Browse/Radio part in the Desktop app? So that it scrolls with the playlists and doesn't stay fixed as top 3 in the left bar?   Plan Premium &...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] [BUG] Song marked as "I don't like this song" is still played.

while listening to my Discovery Weekly I marked a song as "I don't like this song" and even that the Playlist played the song.PlanPremiumCountryPeruDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.1.14.475.g566c8beb (Microsoft Store version) M...

• Casual Listener
  • while listening to my Discovery Weekly I marked a song as "I don't like this song" and even that the Playlist played the song. Plan Premium Country Peru Device Desktop Operating System Window...
  • Titus1024
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • discovery
    don't
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes