Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceolder PCOperating SystemWindows XP My Question or IssueThe problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which menu item I clicked.Could it be that Spotify is automatically updated after a c...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device older PC Operating System Windows XP   My Question or Issue The problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which men...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button is connected to wrong song

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm clicking on this button song Lover is start to play, it was on the third place yesterday.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I'm clicking on this button song Lover is start to play, it was on the third ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 5.1 Effect how to disable (5.1 Upmix disable)

Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only play in stereo and not apply any effects which soun...

• Regular
  • Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only ...
  • nielrio
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Do local files count towards the end of year Spotify Wrapped "minutes streamed" counter?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8 and Windows PCOperating SystemiOS 12, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSo, my family and I have a little bit of a compitetion every december to see who streamed the most music and I find it very interesting. But s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 and Windows PC Operating System iOS 12, Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, my family and I have a little bit of a compitetion eve...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution ERROR: Can't Post Playlist

Has anyone got this error before? It won't let me submit without pasting the link, but won't accept the link for some reason...? Please help if you can! From the screenshot below you can see it's clearly a Spotify link:

spotify error.PNG
  • Gig Goer
  • Has anyone got this error before? It won't let me submit without pasting the link, but won't accept the link for some reason...?   Please help if you can! 🙂    From the screenshot...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to search offline on windows 8.1

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceHP Laptop Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueI am unable to search for songs when I am offline. I have several playlists downloaded for offline use, and they playback ok offline, however when I try and seach...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device HP Laptop  Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue I am unable to search for songs when I am offline. I have several playlists dow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant remove one of the song from "Liked songs" playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPolandOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCant remove one of the songs from "Liked songs" playlist.When I click the cross next to the song, nothing happens

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Cant remove one of the songs from "Liked songs" playlist. When I click the cross next to the song, nothing...
  • Darkmoner
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists not shown in Desktop version

Operating System: Windows 7 My Question or IssueHey! When updating to the latest version spotify stopped displaying the artists and just offers to switch to "browse artists". When clicking on "albums" my collection is still visible and on my android ...

• Operating System: Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hey! When updating to the latest version spotify stopped displaying the artists and just offers to switch to "browse artists". When clicking...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will not play entire song

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently Spotify will not play songs in their entirety. They all stop early. The queue lists the length of each song, but when I play it, it cuts off early. Th...

Capture.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently Spotify will not play songs in their entirety. They all stop early. The qu...
  • Snomojo23
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 Desktop App, Songs Not Loading

FreeUnited StatesCustom Built PCWindows 10 I seem to be having issue with the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC.For some reason, song aren't loading at all after clicking them to play. Maybe you'll be lucky to get one out of several to play, an...

• Free United States Custom Built PC Windows 10   I seem to be having issue with the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC. For some reason, song aren't loading at all after clicking them ...
  • lcllng
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs in Playlist got duplicated

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceAcer LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAll songs in my playlist got duplicated. Howa can i solve this? I don't wanna go through 1000 songs and deleting every second.(The Playlist is made out of songs...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Acer Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue All songs in my playlist got duplicated. Howa can i solve this? I don...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs)

PlanPremiumCountryPoland IssueDaily mix playlist not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs) Steps for reproduce bug1. Start Daily Mix playlist2. Switch to listen on Android (Spotify on PC still works)3. Listen songs to grayed ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Issue Daily mix playlist not expanding after switch to Android and back (after a few songs)   Steps for reproduce bug 1. Start Daily Mix playlist 2. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Will crash when trying to play a song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindwos 10Whenever i try to play a song the client on windows 10 for spotify crashes, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client as well as getting the app from the window...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windwos 10 Whenever i try to play a song the client on windows 10 for spotify crashes, i have tried uninstalling and...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i fix the "spotify can't play this right now"

Curious how i can fix this issue. where it just cycles through songs over and over won't play anything. NO it has nothing to do with my pc, no settings have changed nothing has changed so im hoping for an actual fix. both my pc and phone do the same ...

• Curious how i can fix this issue. where it just cycles through songs over and over won't play anything. NO it has nothing to do with my pc, no settings have changed nothing has changed so im hoping f...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify added songs from my followed playlists to my own playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently, I found that spotify keeps adding songs from the playlists I follow to my own playlist, it seems to do it when I play the song from the followed playlist, then I gp ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently, I found that spotify keeps adding songs from the playlists I follow to my own playlist, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Technical Issues
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Your Daily Mix app isn't working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceIphone XR and Windows computerOperating SystemiOS 10 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am a long time user of Spotify and I have grown to be pretty dependent on the Daily Mix feature. When I logged on today, al...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Iphone XR and Windows computer Operating System iOS 10 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am a long time user of Spotify and I have grown...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Daily mix issues
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add songs to playlists in either the app or the web player unless they're from the recommended

Hello, I'm a blind user who has been enjoying Spotify for over two years. However, I've been unable to really do anything with Playlists in all this time. The other day, I decided to see if using the web player would make the process easier, as I had...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I'm a blind user who has been enjoying Spotify for over two years. However, I've been unable to really do anything with Playlists in all this time. The other day, I decided to see if ...
  • the_imaginatrix
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a Playlist that can't rearrange, i can in others, but not in that in particular.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country México Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a Playlist that can't rearrange, i can in others, but not in that in particular...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download list of my hearted songs

I'd like to download a list of all of my favorited songs, albums, and artists. Any metadata I can get might be useful, since I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with the information yet, but my priorities are:1) It needs to be JUST stuff I've f...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to download a list of all of my favorited songs, albums, and artists. Any metadata I can get might be useful, since I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with the information yet, but my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs do not play

Good Afternoon all, It's interesting how I cannot play most of the songs on Spotify, while connected to a certain Hotspost, which is hosted by a Laptop, instead of a router. This only happens, when I am connected to that network. Let's say I use choo...

• Visitor
  • ...ave done?   1. Reinstalled the app. 2. Reinstalled Windows 10 3. Edited file "Hosts" & deleted it. 4. Blocked/Unblocked firewall settings 5. Went from Public to Private Network 6. U...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes