Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Shuffling] Issues with shuffling on both Windows 10 and Android but NOT iOS

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceWindows 10, Xiaomi Pocophone F1 and iPad 2Operating SystemWindows 10, Android 9 and iOS 9 My Question or IssueDoes anyone else experience the same problem as me? I listen to a lot of spotify, and I have since releas...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Windows 10, Xiaomi Pocophone F1 and iPad 2 Operating System Windows 10, Android 9 and iOS 9   My Question or Issue Does anyone else experience t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Following Artists Not Being Retained

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone X, iPad ProOperating SystemWindows 10, WebPlayer My Question or IssueI have added artists using the search facility then selected Following. However when I go to the artist page it does not show as Following. When I go...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone X, iPad Pro Operating System Windows 10, WebPlayer   My Question or Issue I have added artists using the search facility then selected Followi...
  • greg1704
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not updating [desktop]

Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've noticed that new episodes of podacts that I follow are not appearing on desktop but are on my phone so I can't listen to them on my pc. Also, all...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've noticed that new episodes of podacts that I follow are not...
  • 666hhh
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't log in / play music on Desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Issue Hello,I have been using the Spotify app in my workplace (personal use) behind a corporate proxy with the proxy settings set on the Settings page. However, the app stopped playing an...

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Issue   Hello, I have been using the Spotify app in my workplace (personal use) behind a corporate...
  • WeirdlyDrawnBoy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    proxy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop after a few seconds

Since like a few weeks I have the problem, that songs randomly just stop ond my Smartphone and on my Windows Spotify App. I don't really know why but I've found some people with the same problem but the things that helped them, doesn't work for me. W...

• Casual Listener
  • Since like a few weeks I have the problem, that songs randomly just stop ond my Smartphone and on my Windows Spotify App. I don't really know why but I've found some people with the same problem but ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist ends before the full playlist was played

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen listening to my playlist of 1000+ songs it only plays about 40 songs on shuffle then starts to play music that isn't even on my playlist and I have to shuffle play my play...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When listening to my playlist of 1000+ songs it only plays about 40 songs on shuffle then starts to play mu...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity not Updating - Missing Friends

Half of my friends have dissapeard from my friend activity again. I've tried restarting and uninstall/reinstall. Version: 1.1.12.451.gdb77255fPlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 computerMy Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Half of my friends have dissapeard from my friend activity again.  I've tried restarting and uninstall/reinstall.   Version:  1.1.12.451.gdb77255f Plan Premium Country USA ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Login to Spotify on Windows 10

Spotify came preinstalled on a used computer I purchased in July and I wanted to use it as my main storage for downloaded music. However Error 117 keeps appearing when I try to login, even though I've allowed Spotify through my firewall, I've disable...

• Regular
  • Spotify came preinstalled on a used computer I purchased in July and I wanted to use it as my main storage for downloaded music. However Error 117 keeps appearing when I try to login, even though I'v...
  • triestenapoli
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my liked songs

Plan PremiumCountryRomania DeviceWindows 10, iPhone 10XOperating System My Question or IssueI wanted to select all my music from liked songs to transfer it to my playlist - and I accidentally deleted all my liked songs Please please, help I tried to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan   Premium Country Romania   Device Windows 10, iPhone 10X Operating System     My Question or Issue I wanted to select all my music from liked songs to transfer i...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads Freeze program

PlanFreeCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA few songs will play then when an ad is called for the ad never loads and no other songs can be played. Says "the requested song will be played after the ads" but the ads neve...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A few songs will play then when an ad is called for the ad never loads and no other songs can...
  • -xw5n0yk_1pgm
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • freeze
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App Freezing when opening from taskbar

Hi there,I'm having a bit of an odd issue with my Spotify application on Windows 10. Many times I'll open up Spotify and get music playing and minimize it to the taskbar (so it's always open, just not pulled up on the screen). After some time, the ap...

• Hi there, I'm having a bit of an odd issue with my Spotify application on Windows 10.  Many times I'll open up Spotify and get music playing and minimize it to the taskbar (so it's always open,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device not showing up to play music on

Just recently I can not play my music through my surround sound. When I choose device - it is no loner showing up. I works through my phone. But I need it to work on the PC. We have not changed anything it just stopped working and not longer a choice...

• Casual Listener
  • Just recently I can not play my music through my surround sound.  When I choose device - it is no loner showing up. I works through my phone. But I need it to work on the PC.  We have not c...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Play in Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI installed some songs into my local files playlist and added them to my playlist. Individually, they play fine, as if I click on the songs one by one, they all play through. However,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I installed some songs into my local files playlist and added them to my playlist. Individually, they play fine, as if...
  • Samson3
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum number of favorite songs

Just got the message that I have too many songs in my library. I just thought "Ok, do we live in 1995 or what is the problem?" How can it be that Spotify gives us MILLIONS of songs to listen to and enjoy and then has problems when we mark more than 1...

• Music Fan
  • Just got the message that I have too many songs in my library. I just thought "Ok, do we live in 1995 or what is the problem?" How can it be that Spotify gives us MILLIONS of songs to listen to and e...
  • Tom7777777
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Selected podcasts not playing (yet again).

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: PCOperating System: Windows 7 Pro As many, many others seem to have said, some podcasts not playing is a massive issue for PC interface. I can listen on phone/tablet with no delay. PC has been sitting on play fo...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: PC Operating System: Windows 7 Pro   As many, many others seem to have said, some podcasts not playing is a massive issue for PC...
  • DigitalStreamer
  • Visitor
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Is it possible to put a thumbnail on downloaded songs ?

I dowbloaded some new songs on Spotify, but I don't know how to put a thumbnail on them, or if it is even possible. It would be very nice if someone could help me !

• Visitor
  • I dowbloaded some new songs on Spotify, but I don't know how to put a thumbnail on them, or if it is even possible. It would be very nice if someone could help me !
  • nielrio
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate driv

Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate drive. I thought that I could keep my "C" Drive clean and slim by selecting an alternate offline storage location and have all the listening related data ...

• Regular
  • Data on "C" drive still grows even when I select offline storage to be on a completely separate drive.   I thought that I could keep my "C" Drive clean and slim by selecting an alternate offli...
  • DAT
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify glitching after a new Windows update

I just updated my windows and when opening Spotify it's just a transparent window. I've tried uninstalling, resetting and "repairing" as Windows likes to call it.Edit: Yes, I've tried restarting my computer.

• Visitor
  • I just updated my windows and when opening Spotify it's just a transparent window. I've tried uninstalling, resetting and "repairing" as Windows likes to call it. Edit:  Yes, I've tried restar...
  • dduongtf3150
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

BUG - Clicking Artist name doesn't go to artist page

When I click on some artists names on the desktop app it doesn't take me to thier artist page - instead it takes me to a list of the songs on the album/s that I've downloaded from that artist on my android phone. A second click is required to get to ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on some artists names on the desktop app it doesn't take me to thier artist page - instead it takes me to a list of the songs on the album/s that I've downloaded from that artist on my a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't open

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows but I'm not sure which type (9,10 etc) My Question or IssueMy laptop restarted and when it came back one, Spotify wouldn't open. When I clicked on it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows but I'm not sure which type (9,10 etc)   My Question or Issue My laptop rest...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes