Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Tab Limit

PlanFreeCountryPerúDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 7 Spotify says I've got too many tabs open, even though I've used the "close all my log-ins" option and cleared my caché, and I can't use the web player when it used to be fine a few weeks ago.

• Plan Free Country Perú Device Laptop Operating System Windows 7   Spotify says I've got too many tabs open, even though I've used the "close all my log-ins" option and cleared my caché,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music not playing when I switch audio output device

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue I frequently switch between speakers and headphones (turtle beach stealth 600). My speakers are plugged into the audio jack, and the headphones use a USB. When I turn t...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue   I frequently switch between speakers and headphones (turtle beach stealth 600). ...
  • Testotapsa
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Artists I'm following don't appear

My Question or IssueI follow quite a few artists (over 300) and I've noticed that there are quite a few that do not show up in my following tab. At all. Whats the point of following them if I don't have a nice place to go through a list and find them...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I follow quite a few artists (over 300) and I've noticed that there are quite a few that do not show up in my following tab. At all. Whats the point of following them if I don't...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Radio playlist option removed?

You used to be able to navigate from a playlist directly to its radio channel using the three dotted lines button next to the cover photo. Now that option seems to have been removed? Why?

• Music Fan
  •   You used to be able to navigate from a playlist directly to its radio channel using the three dotted lines button next to the cover photo. Now that option seems to have been removed? Why?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs in Playlist Starting at :15-1:00??

Plan PremiumDeviceLenovo desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 SOOOO this is apparently an issue that has existed in some form or another for various users for 6+ years. I'm hoping the sudden onset for me is a sign that it's a temporary feature that will...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan   Premium Device Lenovo desktop Operating System Windows 10     SOOOO this is apparently an issue that has existed in some form or another for various users for 6+ years....
  • sbee619
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • intro missing
    Playback issues
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to store on phone but not desktop?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceS9+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm trying to "save" music for offline use on my phone only. I don't want the files saved on my computer as well. I get the impression that it is...

• Not applicable
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device S9+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'm trying to "save" music for offline use on ...
  • rpenn
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start at all Win 7

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 The issue started when i tried updating spotify manual because it always started with the same song which i didn't listen to when i close the application. I had V 1.0.94 (something like that)...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 7   The issue started when i tried updating spotify manual because it always started with the same song whic...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect Devices Not Listed In Windows App

PlanPremiumCountryDEOperating SystemWindows 10 Hey Guys ,for a few weeks now i am not able to "connect" the spotify windows10 app to any other devices (neither iPhone nor cromecast audio). inside the windwos app my devices are not listed. when i use ...

01-browser.PNG 02-windows.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country DE Operating System Windows 10   Hey Guys , for a few weeks now i am not able to "connect" the spotify windows10 app to any other devices (neither iPhone nor crome...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stop after one second

PlanPremiumCountryIsrael DeviceLenovo Yoga 720 laptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Suddenly while playing an album - Spotify stopped playing, and I can't get it to play as it's always stop after one second. I start, it play for a s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel  Device Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Suddenly while playing an album - Spotify stopped playing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Working

PlanPremiumCountry New ZealandDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So yesterday I downloaded some songs onto my pc, and put them on spotify through local files completely fine and everything worked. Audio was fine and the s...

• Plan Premium Country  New Zealand Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So yesterday I downloaded some songs onto my pc, and put them on spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All platforms] A thread of all the features Spotify USED to have that we want back. Go.

I'll start; I've got tons. Personal messages/send songs among usersArtist pages showing which of your friends listens to that artistPlaylists showing you which of your friends follows itUser playlists in the Discovered On... of the artist pageArtist ...

• Music Fan
  • I'll start; I've got tons.   Personal messages/send songs among users Artist pages showing which of your friends listens to that artist Playlists showing you which of your friends follows i...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • dislike
    features
    Friend Activity
    personal messages
    Radio
    removed features
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't scrobble to Last.fm

I'm encountering an issue where Spotify will not scrobble to Last.fm. Currently, the only way to fix this is to reinstall Spotify, but I have to do so every day as it stops working when I restart my computer. I have been reinstalling Spotify every da...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm encountering an issue where Spotify will not scrobble to Last.fm. Currently, the only way to fix this is to reinstall Spotify, but I have to do so every day as it stops working when I restart my ...
  • Mauro_maurisio
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • last.fm
    scrobbling
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

'First discovered on' playlists is suddenly missing from most artists I look at. Why?

And when it is available, it's usually stacked with Spotify's dumb curated playlists. Please bring this feature back. I want to see the playlists that other users are making without sifting through hundreds or thousands in search, and I want mine to ...

• Music Fan
  • And when it is available, it's usually stacked with Spotify's dumb curated playlists. Please bring this feature back. I want to see the playlists that other users are making without sifting through h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • About Page
    discovered on
    user playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops, track keeps going, App becomes unresponsive

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 1809 My Question or Issue Spotify quite often "crashes". It stops outputting Sound but shows the Track still as playing. When that happens you can't stop/start the track again and also can't...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10 1809   My Question or Issue  Spotify quite often "crashes". It stops outputting Sound but shows the Track still ...
  • Saphiro
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot login via Windows Vista plus FaceBook

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceDell laptopOp. SystemWindows Vista My Question or Issue I use free Spotify and login via my Facebook profile. Works fine on my newer PC with Windows-10 and on my Android tablet from Verizon. But will not work on our older lap...

•   Plan Free Country  USA Device Dell laptop Op. System Windows Vista   My Question or Issue  I use free Spotify and login via my Facebook profile. Works fine on my newe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Local files" folder doesn't show up

Hello,Where the "Local Files" section should appearin the side menu on the left, with "Artists", "Podcast", etc. , it simply doesn't.When I open the Windows desktop app, "Local Files" briefly appears in the side menu, at its normal position (for like...

• Hello, Where the "Local Files" section should appearin the side menu on the left, with "Artists", "Podcast", etc. , it simply doesn't. When I open the Windows desktop app, "Local Files" briefly app...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Autoplay not working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I have it enabled, but it still will not work. I have already done a clean rein...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I h...
  • moozzy
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Album Art missing

So I got this problem 6 months ago but this is actually triggering me more. The Album cover is missing only at the upper left corner when using media keys, I have enabled the option(Show desktop overlay when using media keys).PlanPremiumCountry Spain...

spoty.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • So I got this problem 6 months ago but this is actually triggering me more.  The Album cover is missing only at the upper left corner when using media keys, I have enabled the option(Show deskt...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently added songs in library on Android don't show up on Windows Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceComputerOperating System Windows 7 Pro 64bit My Question or Issue Hello, My Spotify on Windows 7 is not showing my recently fav songs ("Your Library" > "Songs"). However it's fine on my phone, songs aren't showing on my...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device Computer Operating System  Windows 7 Pro 64bit   My Question or Issue   Hello,  My Spotify on Windows 7 is not showing my rece...
  • Ros68
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify hängt sich auf und lässt sich nicht neustarten - Neuinstallation und nach kurzer Zeit wieder

Plan PremiumCountry GermanyDeviceLenovo X1 CarbonOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Mein Spotify hängt sich auf und lässt sich nicht neustarten. Fehlermeldung "The Spotify application is not responding". Nach Neuinstallation geht es eine...

• Plan  Premium Country  Germany Device Lenovo X1 Carbon Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Mein Spotify hängt sich auf und lässt sich nicht neustarten. F...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes