Free

Country

Brazil

Device

POSITIVO MASTER D10

Operating System

Windows 7 Professional

My Question or Issue

When I open the Spotify Desktop application, it works normally and I can browse through playlists and menus, but once I try to play a song, the song doesn't actually play and I can't open other pages anymore. Besides that, I'm also not able to properly close the application, as the processes are still running in Task Manager.

I already tried reinstalling the application and also tried deleting lines in the "hosts" file (as I saw in another topic) but it didn't work.

2 Replies

Hi there @brunnoalmeyda_,

thanks for posting !

Just to make sure, have you tried a clean reinstall of the app as suggested on this Spotify answer ?

It contains all the steps needed including a link to the Spotify Microsoft veriosn of the app.

While you're at it, please make sure that your system is fully updated and that your audio drivers are as well.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo, thanks for your attention.

I did the clean reinstall and checked all drivers (none was outdated), but the problem wasn't solved.

Another information I didn't give before is that at some random times the application works properly when I open it right after I turned the PC on, but it's like one in ten times. I don't know if it's relevant, but maybe can help to solve this mystery.

Suggested posts