Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

History not showing all music played

PremiumUSWindows Windows 10I use a Samsung 8 phone and heard a song and played it multiple times from my Discover Weekly Playlist. I was dumb and forgot to add the song to my Liked List and the Discover Weekly updated today. I went on my desktop comp...

• Visitor
  • Premium US Windows  Windows 10 I use a Samsung 8 phone and heard a song and played it multiple times from my Discover Weekly Playlist. I was dumb and forgot to add the song to my Liked List ...
  • xEddiex
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

when i click a song a different one plays

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceHP ENVYOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuesome of my songs are listed in a different order than they are on my other devices and when I click on a song it plays the song that is usually in that spot instead of...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A Device HP ENVY Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue some of my songs are listed in a different order than they are on my other devices and when...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Norton renew license even if i dont have it

PlanFreeCountrylithuaniaDeviceAsus TUF gaming fx504Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have this problem when i turn on my spotify in the top corner it says to renew Norton lisence now i dont own Norton never even installed it but it pop...

• Plan Free Country lithuania Device Asus TUF gaming fx504 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have this problem when i turn on my spotify in the top corner it says to r...
  • tamasspotify
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

High CPU usage for 5-10 minutes after resume from Sleep - GetHandleVerifier

Version1.1.14.475.g566c8bebPlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 (1903) My Question or IssueHello. Sometimes after I resume my PC from sleep Spotify starts using very high CPU usage. I checked with ProcessExplorer and it seems t...

• Version 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb Plan Premium Country Romania Device PC Operating System Windows 10 (1903)   My Question or Issue Hello. Sometimes after I resume my PC from sleep Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    CPU
    technical
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Current song is indicated wrongly when playing randomly / shuffle

Operating System: Windows 10 When I click on the left bottom album cover, it indicates the wrong song - not the song which is playing. Usually, eg. if I play the "third" song since I have started to play the playlist, which is of course not the third...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System: Windows 10   When I click on the left bottom album cover, it indicates the wrong song - not the song which is playing.  Usually, eg. if I play the "third" song since I ...
  • Zyliant
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't Spotify be better

I have Premium and a Macbook Pro with the latest OS. Number one, my Spotify app on this computer never works. When I open it, nothing loads. It's impossible to use. I've tried all the fixes on this site, and it doesn't work. So then I try to use it o...

• Regular
  • I have Premium and a Macbook Pro with the latest OS.  Number one, my Spotify app on this computer never works.  When I open it, nothing loads.  It's impossible to use.  I've tried...
  • booradleytron
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it a way to ask Cortana to save the currently playing song to the library?

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it a way to ask Cortana to save the currently playing song to the library? Button Save to your Liked Songs makes the same. It is very comfortable to use Spotify with Corata whi...

• Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it a way to ask Cortana to save the currently playing song to the library? Button Save to your Liked Son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cortana
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my PC with Windows 10 does not work

I made the premium account for not more than a week, and after having used it on my personal cell phone, I tried to download it to my PC with Microsoft Store, downloaded it, connected but, if I clicked any music I was looking for and that he proposed...

• I made the premium account for not more than a week, and after having used it on my personal cell phone, I tried to download it to my PC with Microsoft Store, downloaded it, connected but, if I click...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Window Pane Sizing: Friend Activity pane missing with 175% Scaling

PlanPremiumDevice1920x1080 DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 (tested with Sizer 4.0) My Question or Issue With a resolution of 1920x1080 and 175% scaling, the Friend Activity pane does not display. Compromise by adjusting to 150% scaling.According to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device 1920x1080 Desktop Operating System Windows 10 (tested with Sizer 4.0)   My Question or Issue  With a resolution of 1920x1080 and 175% scaling, the Friend Activit...
  • vedevese
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
    Interface
    pixels
    scaling
    viewport
    window pane size
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All playlists are blank, and no songs will load.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was having an issue where some songs were not loading and could not be added to playlists. I saw someone with a similar issue who fixed it by reinstalling spotif,y, but tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was having an issue where some songs were not loading and could not be added to playlists. I saw som...
  • chinocasanova
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Lowering volume in game when gunshots or explosions happen

Whenever a gunshot or explosion it automatically lowers it to fit the volume of the gunshot. It's very irritating please help

• Visitor
  • Whenever a gunshot or explosion it automatically lowers it to fit the volume of the gunshot. It's very irritating please help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Number of Ads in Wrong Language

PlanFree/PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceWindows LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I'm getting the majority of ads in Spanish suddenly. It seemed to begin about a week or so ago. Checked Country and language settings and IP, all...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  United States Device Windows Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I'm getting the majority of ads in Spanish suddenly.  ...
  • nonix81
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Data error: track associated with the wrong artist

Web player via Windows 10 This song "Let Me Live"https://open.spotify.com/track/60IwrtqzU9PODPYwun7qQVhttps://open.spotify.com/album/4w71KNUbTq84rVzNF88aM6 seems to be attached to the wrong artist "Franny".The correct artist is Franny Arrietahttps://...

• Casual Listener
  • Web player via Windows 10   This song "Let Me Live" https://open.spotify.com/track/60IwrtqzU9PODPYwun7qQV https://open.spotify.com/album/4w71KNUbTq84rVzNF88aM6   seems to be attached ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceolder PCOperating SystemWindows XP My Question or IssueThe problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which menu item I clicked.Could it be that Spotify is automatically updated after a c...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device older PC Operating System Windows XP   My Question or Issue The problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which men...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button is connected to wrong song

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm clicking on this button song Lover is start to play, it was on the third place yesterday.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I'm clicking on this button song Lover is start to play, it was on the third ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 5.1 Effect how to disable (5.1 Upmix disable)

Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only play in stereo and not apply any effects which soun...

• Regular
  • Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only ...
  • nielrio
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Do local files count towards the end of year Spotify Wrapped "minutes streamed" counter?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8 and Windows PCOperating SystemiOS 12, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSo, my family and I have a little bit of a compitetion every december to see who streamed the most music and I find it very interesting. But s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 and Windows PC Operating System iOS 12, Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, my family and I have a little bit of a compitetion eve...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution ERROR: Can't Post Playlist

Has anyone got this error before? It won't let me submit without pasting the link, but won't accept the link for some reason...? Please help if you can! From the screenshot below you can see it's clearly a Spotify link:

spotify error.PNG
  • Gig Goer
  • Has anyone got this error before? It won't let me submit without pasting the link, but won't accept the link for some reason...?   Please help if you can! 🙂    From the screenshot...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to search offline on windows 8.1

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceHP Laptop Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueI am unable to search for songs when I am offline. I have several playlists downloaded for offline use, and they playback ok offline, however when I try and seach...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device HP Laptop  Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue I am unable to search for songs when I am offline. I have several playlists dow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes