Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I add an instrumental of a song to my playlist Spotify plays the non-instrumental version inste

When I add an instrumental of a song to my playlist Spotify plays the non-instrumental version inste

I added the instrumental of Tiesto & Diplo - C'mon (Catch 'Em By Surprise) and I put my playlist on shuffle but when it came on it played the vocal version with Busta Rhymes instead. Spotify lists the name correctly but the song itself is the wrong one. Not sure why this is happening. When I add the instrumental version to the queue it does work. Is there any way to fix this?

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is the instrumental song you mentioned a local file which you added to your playlist? Asking since, in case it is, there's a risk that this instrumental will be played interchangeably with the full (vocal) version of the song already included both in the Spotify catalog and the playlist.

This depends on the two songs' metadata and how similar to each other they are. Take a look at this Spotify for Artist article if you'd like to know more about the metadata topic.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's not a local file. It's on the same album as the vocal version tho. I guess Spotify just confuses them? Is there any solution?

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Since the song we're talking about is part of the Spotify catalog, would you mind sharing with us its link as well as the Spotify link of the 'vocal' version? It'll help us look into this in greater detail.

As mentioned in the previous reply and to confirm your guess, it's likely that the two songs get played interchangeably since they were uploaded to the platform with almost the same meta-data. As a heads-up, the metadata associated with a song on Spotify depend on who owns the rights to the song and uploads it to the platform.

A solution would definitely be what you already tried in terms of adding the 'instrumental' song to your queue in order to prevent it from getting confused with the 'vocal' one during playback. We'll look into further potential solutions once we have both the songs' links and we'll keep you posted.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator

Sure, here it is:

Original: https://open.spotify.com/track/6HUHX5NTLz1EZ0OJjT8OJ1?si=WkhTfed9RFqiVZE8tZt_BA

Instrumental: https://open.spotify.com/track/7w66PM2QP8XryrTjeSqSYG?si=zbjjbsS-RaiYPGPXhfXopQ

So basically, whenever it comes up, adding it to the queue and listening it it from the queue instead works?

Ok so apparently it used to work but now it doesn't work anymore. Adding the instrumental to the queue still plays the vocal version instead. Idk what to do now, is this a problem with the Spotify app and will it get fixed?

Hey @Teletubbies64,

Thanks for the updates.

We listened to both songs and can confirm that it seems as if something is wrong with the instrumental, since it sounds identical to the other one.

At this point, it'd be good for you to take a look here and follow the steps to report the issue.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts