Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps telling me that I`m offline, while I`m online. I get the errorcode -4, and nothing seems to fix the issue. Issues are accouring on my office computer so there are very little I can do in regards to network. I`ve read some suggestions to change dns servers, not an option unfortunatly. Restarts and reinstallation did not fix the issue either.

16 Replies

Re: Offline while online, errorcode -4

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @cm85 

It is most likely a network-related error, but I do suggest trying out Spotify's web player, maybe that works.

One thing you can try is checking if any of your coworkers that use Spotify also have that issue. You can also try logging into Spotify's web player on their computers if that failed on your computer as well.

This will help verify if this is a computer-based issue or a network problem.

Let me know how it goes! :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cm85
Casual Listener

Web player works fine. The app works on multiple coworker machines. 

I noticed on my machine, and most others, the networkstatus says no internect access, while we still have access to internet.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@cm85 

Did I understand correctly that both you and most of your coworkers using Spotify desktop client see the error code 4? :)

Maybe the IT department has blocked something that the desktop client needs. You can try asking the IT admin for assistance.

SebastyRock Star 16
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

spoti_user
Casual Listener
its an error in the newest version of the spotify client. install an old version and everything is fine:
for example: 1.0.85.259 (google for a download)

Luke-_-
Regular
Glad to see someone has the same Windows bug as me. I've had that issue for months and tried soo many things to fix it (besides a clean install). It sucks that now the bug breaks Spotify :\

CannaChronic
Casual Listener

Hey fam, you're not alone and I've tried it all.

Restarted Spotify.

Restarted my computer.

Added exceptions to my firewall.

Disabled my firewall.

Uninstalled spotify and reinstalled spotify.

Hunted down every single spotify file and uninstalled them and reinstalled.

I waited a few days for it to resolve itself, but nope that didn't do it either.

Denis16
Visitor
got the same problem -.-
does anyone know how to disable automatic update on spotify?

CannaChronic
Casual Listener

I managed to fix this issue for a very short amount of time. But due to the responses I've received from Spotify doesn't care on Twitter for severe issues caused by updates before, I doubt we'll see a fix pushed via updated any time soon.

in the mean time, uninstall your Spotify, install an old version (I can't post a link for you because they block them) and then change the write permissions on the Spotify/updates folder so that Spotify doesn't have permission to write to or modify them.

Good luck and god speed because this fix sucks and if you rewrite the permissions wrong, Spotify will just write over itself next time you start it and you won't be able to connect again.

horray for updates.

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to hear it got solved

In case anyone else is still having the issue, check out this Solution and tell us how it works out for you.

If it doesn't let us know:

• your device
  • OS
  • Spotify version

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS