Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Daily Mix issues

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceHonor 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have Daily Mixes available on Android, however I cannot see them on either the Windows 10 player that I download or the web player. I have tried to resolve issues...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Honor 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have Daily Mixes available on Android, however I cannot see them on either the Windows...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" every evening!

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicedell xps 13Operating SystemWindows 10,etc. My Question or IssueI've started to get the "Can't play the current song" error message every evening - around 21:30 every day the music just stops. I turn to my screen and sees...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device dell xps 13 Operating System Windows 10,etc.   My Question or Issue I've started to get the "Can't play the current song" error message every ev...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect lost connection to Yamaha RX-A2070 on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy desktop computer used to connect to my Yamaha RX-A2070 receiver with no problem. In the bottom right hand corner for devices, you would click on it and the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My desktop computer used to connect to my Yamaha RX-A2070 receiver with no problem...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Hamburger menu can be moved away from Spotify Window

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 October updateVersion1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version)My Question or Issue The hamburger menu can be moved away to another screen. Reproduction scenario:Get the hamburg...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherland Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10 October update Version 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version) My Question or Issue  The hambur...
  • Psyonity
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Something went wrong" when liking a song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 1803 My Question or IssueSome time recently, seemingly out of the blue, I am receiving the "something went wrong, try again later" error for each and every song I add to my liked songs. Songs pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 1803   My Question or Issue Some time recently, seemingly out of the blue, I am receiving the "something went wrong, try ...
  • thefowles1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fullscreen

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there a way to get the the album art to sit in the middle like it does in fullscreen mode, but while not in full screen mode?

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there a way to get the the album art to sit in the middle like it does in fullscreen mode, but whil...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums View

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI tried to add some new music to my library recently, but the app told me that my library is maxed out and I would have to remove some music before I add new music. That's fin...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I tried to add some new music to my library recently, but the app told me that my library is maxed ...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't launch Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue A week ago I noticed that I couldn't open Spotify. I would click to launch the program and it would appear for a moment in task manager before disappearing again. To try and fi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   A week ago I noticed that I couldn't open Spotify. I would click to launch the program and it would appe...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 1 specific song was added to all my playlists

I don't really know how but 5 days ago , the song Rocketman by Aydreni was added to all of my playlists. I didn't even know the song!Is there anyway to reverse this without manually going through all of my lists? How was it added?

• Casual Listener
  • I don't really know how but 5 days ago , the song Rocketman by Aydreni was added to all of my playlists. I didn't even know the song! Is there anyway to reverse this without manually going through a...
  • sierra-bravo
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume Slider sometimes showing wrong value after computer wakes up from sleep

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicen/aOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery few times (not always strangely) when waking up my computer from sleep the volume slider shows the wrong value the music is actually playing at. Clicking on the ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device n/a Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every few times (not always strangely) when waking up my computer from sleep the volume slide...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files disappear on removal from playlist & Local files to liked songs

My Question or IssueWhenever a local file is removed from all of the playlists it is currently in, it also disappears from the full local files listing. This can be fixed temporarily by just unchecking&checking from settings the Local files->Show son...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Whenever a local file is removed from all of the playlists it is currently in, it also disappears from the full local files listing. This can be fixed temporarily by just unchec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

remote Sonos with spotify --> no devices

hi there , Hope that this issue is well known and somebody has a Solution. I have a spotify premium Account and a Sonos Home System (3xconnect amp, 1x Play1), and so far everthing worked out smooth and I was able to remote Sonos with the spotify app ...

• Visitor
  • hi there , Hope that this issue is well known and somebody has a Solution. I have a spotify premium Account and a Sonos Home System (3xconnect amp, 1x Play1), and so far everthing worked out smooth ...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for artists: Error 504

CountryNorwayDeviceiPhone 8, Macbook Pro, hp laptopOperating SystemiOS, Windows 10, Mojave My Question or IssueAfter Spotify for Artists was updated last night Im not able to load the "Home" page/screen on either an iOs device or any web browser avai...

• Gig Goer
  • Country Norway Device iPhone 8, Macbook Pro, hp laptop Operating System iOS, Windows 10, Mojave   My Question or Issue After Spotify for Artists was updated last night Im not able to loa...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I use the non-windows store version of Spotify for Windows, and am experiencing playback issues.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceCustom built desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I use the Windows version of Spotify that can be downloaded from the Spotify website, not the Windows Store app. Lately, I've been experiencing...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Custom built desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I use the Windows version of Spotify that can be downloaded from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playlists and folders not displaying correctly

I rearranged my folders/playlists on the desktop app and everything shows correctly. However when I use the app on my iOS the playlists are all in the wrong folders. I've tried to sync my devices but nothing works.

• Casual Listener
  • I rearranged my folders/playlists on the desktop app and everything shows correctly. However when I use the app on my iOS the playlists are all in the wrong folders. I've tried to sync my devices but...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

My username has changed to a random name

My Spotify user name was used to be "marti", but someday it automatically changed to "abkgz8iwshjrdky2zp2vhf7vh", and it has no sense.I'd like to know if I can have my original name again, thanks.

• Visitor
  • My Spotify user name was used to be "marti", but someday it automatically changed to "abkgz8iwshjrdky2zp2vhf7vh", and it has no sense. I'd like to know if I can have my original name again, thanks. ...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Previously listened to music adding itself to playlists

Plan Premium (Just upgraded to Family not 4 hours ago)Country: USA DeviceGoogle Pixel 3a, PC, Google Pixel 1Operating SystemAndroid 9, Windows 7 My Question or IssueHowdy!This has been going on the last week or so, not for very long. I'll be listenin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium (Just upgraded to Family not 4 hours ago) Country: USA   Device Google Pixel 3a, PC, Google Pixel 1 Operating System Android 9, Windows 7   My Question or I...
  • OperatorPapa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I change my name in spotify?

PlanPremiumCountryMXDevice(Android & app for Windows 10)Operating System( Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI'm not talking about the series of numbers that spotify automatically gives you.I'm refering to my name on the spotify screen, not my user...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country MX Device (Android & app for Windows 10) Operating System ( Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I'm not talking about the series of numbers th...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing and not starting

Hey, guys, I can´t play any music if I start a song the progress bar isn't moving and isn't even showing the name or cover pic. whe I try to turn up the volume in the mixer I cant see Spotify and when I like, want to see a playlist (like any new play...

• Visitor
  • Hey, guys, I can´t play any music if I start a song the progress bar isn't moving and isn't even showing the name or cover pic. whe I try to turn up the volume in the mixer I cant see Spotify and whe...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs adding to playlist, songs no longer availble but are actually still there?

PlanFamily Plan when issue started, but now downgraded to single planCountryUSADevice(Samsung Galaxy 9, and Desktop Version)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueRecently I did a back up of music on my phone, and ever since then Spotify ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Plan when issue started, but now downgraded to single plan Country USA Device (Samsung Galaxy 9, and Desktop Version) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue R...
  • sixelona
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes