Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice the Spotify app on the pc I still get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." but I still keep getting the error pop, this even happens to downloaded songs I would understand that if there is no internet connection. even though I'm connected to a working internet I still cannot play any song on the computer windows app. But I can play songs on the phone. 

5 Replies

Hey there @Kunstlerb

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and and antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Additionally, in case you're using a VPN, make sure to turn it off before trying again. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is happening to me quite often too. No VPN and the Internet connection is working properly. I've reinstalled the app a few times. It's weird because I'm controlling the app from one Windows PC on another and while the other one is playing the songs, the one which I'm using to turn on the music from, is giving this error. Will the clean install method help in this case? 

Hey @foodie_love,

Thanks for your post on this thread.

The clean reinstall process is very thorough and can help with a lot of different issues such as this one, as it removes any cached or corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing trouble, so we suggest doing it in this case.

Also, make sure that Spotify has all the necessary permissions enabled in your antivirus and/or firewall, as @Eni suggested.

Keep us posted on how it goes 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, I have done the clean reinstall now. There were no leftovers in my user folder so it was done simply by the 'uninstall' button. I will monitor this and let you know if I experience it again. 

Hey @foodie_love

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We'll be here in case you need further help. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts