Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify closes when I download a file with google chrome

Solved!

Spotify closes when I download a file with google chrome

So when I want to download a file in Google Chrome, for some reason it triggers to shutdown Spotify. So when it opens the dialog where I can save the file spotify shutsdown all the time. Doesnt matter on what website, or what kind of file it is. I tried unistall and install spotify again but it didnt work. Here a screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/duAjp Im on windows 10 home insider preview.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Untill this is fixed try going to chrome browser advanced settings and changing your download folder location to something temporary, like a new folder on your desktop. Also you might want to consider turning off the "ask where to save your file option".

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I am experiencing this, as well. Further, it's not just when downloading, but when the contents of the downloads folder are manipulated at all.

Yes same here i just tested it. Are you by any change on windows 10 insider preview?

Yes, I am. Do you have a fix/work
around?

No but I am too. I think this is the problem then:(

I"m windows insider and I'm getting same error.

I'm on Windows 10 Insider Preview (build 16232) and have the same issue.

Downloading a file with Google Chrome closed the Spotify (store app). 

Like mentioned above, any file manipulation in the Downloads-folder (add, delete or renaming a file) causes the Spotify app to close. 

I know Microsoft added a new feature in the Insider Preview build to automatic clean files in the Downloads-folder after some days. Maybe this new feature has something to do with our issue?

same issue.

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. Build 16232

Can one turn this feature off? Its really annoying, also I dont get why spotify is connected to the download folder in any way. Maybe its possible to disconnect spotify from the download folder so it will work again.

Marked as solution

Untill this is fixed try going to chrome browser advanced settings and changing your download folder location to something temporary, like a new folder on your desktop. Also you might want to consider turning off the "ask where to save your file option".

Thank you! This fixed it, I hope they will fix it soon so i can use it the normal way again. 

Suggested posts