Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop version audio cuts off when opening a Chrome tab for the first time

Spotify desktop version audio cuts off when opening a Chrome tab for the first time

Device

Asus G14

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I have music playing from the desktop application and go and open a chrome tab to browse the web, the audio cuts off and spotify says it cannot play this song. Fix for this is to have it play another part of the song by moving it on the timeline after the cut happens, but it still is annoying.

This occurs every time. Any fix for this?

2 Replies

Hey @kunnaal,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd recommend to reinstall the app on your computer to check if you notice any difference in this behavior. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.

If this doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you are running on your computer?

On another note, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your computer to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've had this happen all the time with this computer. The version I'm running is "Spotify – Windows
1.2.7.1277.g2b3ce637". I've tried reinstalling it, but it still keeps happening. I think it's something to do with the browser side as all other audio also cuts when opening a tab for the first time. I also tried reinstalling the browser but no luck there also.

Suggested posts