Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not keep settings changes in advance settings

Solved!

Spotify does not keep settings changes in advance settings

Everytime I restart Spotify the settings about "open Spotify automatically......" are saved.

See Screnshots.

I changed those settings to "no", but whenever I restart Spotify they are back to "minimized".

I do not remember how, but I managed to change in the older versions, but now it seems nothing helps.

I tried 10 times, and 10 times it does the same

I am tired of this, because there is "ALWAYS" something wrong at every new release.

Can we do something about this issue, by changing some config files or editing registry? Whatever

Please help

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
48 Replies

and again.

and again

Spotify is now uninstalled from my system - this is the most irritating setting. I have been unable to set this application not to open at startup at all. I would have settled for having to redo it between updates but being unable to change this setting at all makes the application feel too much like malware.

'Playback ' and 'startup and window behaviour' settings are not being kept for me

if i quit Spotify and restart....but...if i signout and back in those settings

appear to be kept

My issue was that it kept losing the setting every time there was an update and there was an update every time I logged in (though because of the issue I was logging in very infrequently). When it happened twice on 1 day I was supicious so I looked at the version number, then I allowed it to update and noted the verison number again. After it reinstalled I closed it and reopened - it was the old version again and it once again when through the update process. I restarted and tried again the following day. The same was happening every time - despite updating to the latest version, as confirmed on screen, whanever I opened Spotify a very old version opened and therefore obviously needed an update every time. The current version was never 'sticking'.

I therefore completely removed Spotify and re-installed it. The new version installed properly, and since then I have seen no updates so I cannot say whether the settings will change next time there is an update - I wait and see!

As far as signing out rather than quitting is concerned, I tried that to see what happened. Yes, the setting stayed the same but it was inconvenient to have to re-input name and password because the system hadn't remembered me. Also, the setting never used to change when I simply quit and re-opened but only when there was an update. I now know that the updates aren't as frequent as I thought !

Ta-da! First update for ages and settings were not changed!! Finally solved?

Thanks for the heads up about the new version but....

Cant quite believe it, i have updated Spotify to new version and still it does not

keep the settings in the advanced settings section__ "open Spotify automatically after you login to your computer" , i set to NO and quitting and reopening Spotify it changes back to YES. I guess they want it to be the first thing i see when i turn my computer on, not happy

That's a shame as for me the settings were kept. I am on Windows 7. Updates seem to install automatically for me and that's wheat happened yesterday and for the first time the settings did not change. I went to look today so that I could quote the version number (it was 1.0.70.388) and strangely it stated that an updated version was available. I'm not sure why this didn't update automatically or why it was so soon after yesterdays one, however, I ran it anyway and now haw version 1.0.072.117 - the settings again remained unchanged so for now it does seem to have resolved the issue for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as I know the issue is really annoying!

Running MacOS High Sierra lateest update to Ver 10.13.2

Settings are remembered when logging out and then back in to Spotify,

but not when quitting the app and restarting it.

Suggested posts