Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Synced songs

Hello peeps. There are some songs that arent in Spotify (at least not the versions I want). I add the folders in the desktop app and put them in playlists. My question is simple. What if I format my PC or change a hard drive? Will the songs be remove...

• Visitor
  • Hello peeps. There are some songs that arent in Spotify (at least not the versions I want). I add the folders in the desktop app and put them in playlists. My  question is simple. What if I form...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music for work

Hi! I need help. I can't have spotify on my desktop at work due to regulations but we're allowed to use it on the browser.My problem is, I make a lot of calls but I like to keep the music going in the background anyway. Normally, on the desktop app, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I need help. I can't have spotify on my desktop at work due to regulations but we're allowed to use it on the browser. My problem is, I make a lot of calls but I like to keep the music ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Dubstep
    Electronic
    music
    working with music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"song not available" but works on phone not desktop

I saw the following just now from a year ago, and then a message that it was fixed. I am now experiencing the EXACT same problem, in Jan 2018: "I have had this problem for 2 days now, Spotify will not play anything on my laptop, it keeps saying "trac...

• I saw the following just now from a year ago, and then a message that it was fixed.  I am now experiencing the EXACT same problem, in Jan 2018:   "I have had this problem for 2 days now, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

playing failure

hi, after playing a song or 5 i get the message that the current song can't be played further.after restarting spotify i can listen again, but again after a few song i get the same message.this problem came after i installed a new motherboard and rei...

• hi,   after playing a song or 5 i get the message that the current song can't be played further. after restarting spotify i can listen again, but again after a few song i get the same message...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezing without crashing

So I got this really weird bug with Spotify (Win10) after ive had it open for a while where the program freezes in a way that I can't press anything. I can't stop the music, change volume, skip/change track.. anything. If I do try and press a button ...

• So I got this really weird bug with Spotify (Win10) after ive had it open for a while where the program freezes in a way that I can't press anything. I can't stop the music, change volume, skip/chang...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Can't add local songs to playlists

Description I cannot add any songs from my computer to my Spotify playlists. If you drag the song to a playlist it will say "copy" but the song will not add. To make it clear I am dragging songs from a folder, not another device or iTunes. It did and...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I cannot add any songs from my computer to my Spotify playlists. If you drag the song to a playlist it will say "copy" but the song will not add. To make it clear I am dragging son...
  • Mosquito43
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't add local files since latest version!

Since the latest update I am unable to add local music files into spotify in any way shape or form. They don't show up in the local files tab and I can't drag n drop them into the client anymore either. Please help.

• Visitor
  • Since the latest update I am unable to add local music files into spotify in any way shape or form. They don't show up in the local files tab and I can't drag n drop them into the client anymore eith...
  • Mosquito43
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

why is there an add playing on the bottom of my spotify about Tyson that wont go away?

i am listening to music and there are adds right abouve the simple toolbar at the bottom. one of the adds has a video, that you can delete or pause, but that wont last for long and it will start playing again. Why is it so hard to figure out a way to...

• i am listening to music and there are adds right abouve the simple toolbar at the bottom. one of the adds has a video, that you can delete or pause, but that wont last for long and it will start play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Overlay on track change

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was an Overlay when I used the media keys. I used to install a third-party app for this functionality, but that became unmaintained. I would like to request two enhance...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was an Overlay when I used the media keys. I used to install a third-party app for this functionality, but that becam...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Username

My username is a bunch of letter and numbers

• My username is a bunch of letter and numbers
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist radio stops playing

Every single time I open spotify, and press play to continue to listen to an artist radio (this is currently all i am listening to), it plays one song, then stops. Every single time.. I then start the station again, it plays for a while, and then sto...

• Regular
  • Every single time I open spotify, and press play to continue to listen to an artist radio (this is currently all i am listening to), it plays one song, then stops. Every single time.. I then start th...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Radio Stations
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Changes to the Formatting of Drag and Drop Album Links

I've over the last couple of months Spotify as changed the formatting of the text when you drag and album links. In the past when you clicked on an album and drug it in blog post it would create a link formated with the artist then the album title li...

• Casual Listener
  • I've over the last couple of months Spotify as changed the formatting of the text when you drag and album links. In the past when you clicked on an album and drug it in blog post it would create a li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly playlist does not update

Dear Community, Some time ago, I had a peculiar issue with a strange device connected to my account. (I changed all the passwords etc. after it happend and didn't care to create an issue for that). This strange device listened to the music I DON'T LI...

• Casual Listener
  •  Dear Community,   Some time ago, I had a peculiar issue with a strange device connected to my account. (I changed all the passwords etc. after it happend and didn't care to create an iss...
  • enomay
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discover Weekly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not keep settings changes in advance settings

Everytime I restart Spotify the settings about "open Spotify automatically......" are saved. See Screnshots. I changed those settings to "no", but whenever I restart Spotify they are back to "minimized". I do not remember how, but I managed to change...

• Music Fan
  • Everytime I restart Spotify the settings about "open Spotify automatically......" are saved.   See Screnshots.   I changed those settings to "no", but whenever I restart Spotify they ar...
  • Giancarlo67
  • Casual Listener
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available"

Whenever I try to play any song, it shows the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". I have logged out and re-installed the app but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? Thank you

• Visitor
  • Whenever I try to play any song, it shows the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". I have logged out and re-installed the app but nothin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Tracks played through Spotiamb hijack.

My Spotify fell victim to the spotiamb hack. As a result, tons of stuff was played that I don't care at all about. It ruined my year in review and has ruined my discover playlists. Is there any way that I can resolve this issue and remove artists/tra...

• My Spotify fell victim to the spotiamb hack. As a result, tons of stuff was played that I don't care at all about. It ruined my year in review and has ruined my discover playlists. Is there any way t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist length to the second.

Is there any way that I can quickly find the length of a playlist down to the second?

• Regular
  • Is there any way that I can quickly find the length of a playlist down to the second?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New member on existing family plan. Can't sign up.

Hello, I am trying to log in as an added member on a Family Premium account. I relieved my code and the email, but am not sure where to add my email loin to his family account. When I follow the links to accept the invite, it still shows my invite as...

• Hello, I am trying to log in as an added member on a Family Premium account. I relieved my code and the email, but am not sure where to add my email loin to his family account. When I follow the link...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

crossfade issues

Hi, I'm making a playlist for a party and am having some issues with the crossfade. We've got it set for 1 second but for some tracks it cuts it off way before the end. An example of this is Foals' My Number. It doesn't even show the correct duration...

• Hi,   I'm making a playlist for a party and am having some issues with the crossfade. We've got it set for 1 second but for some tracks it cuts it off way before the end. An example of this is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't launch on Windows 10, help!!!

Hey y'all, A couple days ago my spotify client on windows stopped working. It does launch, but the only thing that's visible is the little round loading icon (with the dots). I've tried reinstalling and deleting all Spotify-related files from my PC b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey y'all,   A couple days ago my spotify client on windows stopped working. It does launch, but the only thing that's visible is the little round loading icon (with the dots). I've tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes