Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Low transfer speed - desktop app

I have a problem with low transfer during listening music through Spotify Windows App. This causes interrupting the music during playing. In the attachment is the screenshoot from my control panel with actual internet usage. I think the problem exist...

• I have a problem with low transfer during listening music through Spotify Windows App. This causes interrupting the music during playing. In the attachment is the screenshoot from my control panel wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

notification window with currently played song

Cao, do you know if spotify allow to show in small window on bottom of desktop the name of song at the time of start of playing?I remember that for example winamp had this function.ThanksPeter

• Cao,  do you know if spotify allow to show in small window on bottom of desktop the name of song at the time of start of playing? I remember that for example winamp had this function. Thanks ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web player won't play

Hey, my Web player won't play anymore. I wasn't having issues last week. I'm on a public computer, but it's mine for work. Help! ~~Jesus Christ is Lord~~

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, my Web player won't play anymore.  I wasn't having issues last week.  I'm on a public computer, but it's mine for work.  Help!  🙂  ~~Jesus Christ is Lord~~
  • fixitb
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The Day The Music Died: a fix

I'm running Spotify from Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7. Six months ago, I could login to Spotify, navigate just fine . . . but I couldn't play any music. I would press the play arrow on any song, new or playlisted, and nothing would happen. The pla...

• Regular
  • I'm running Spotify from Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7.   Six months ago, I could login to Spotify, navigate just fine . . . but I couldn't play any music. I would press the play arrow on an...
  • rocklin6977
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted Music KEEPS being added.

So this this is the issue, since January 1st music has been automatically added to my spotify. It's been mostly the same kind of music, trap. Playlist were created, artists were followed, music was downloaded. I did the "Disconnect all devices" and c...

• Casual Listener
  • So this this is the issue, since January 1st music has been automatically added to my spotify. It's been mostly the same kind of music, trap. Playlist were created, artists were followed, music was d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted Music KEEPS being added. MY CELLPHONE DATA IS BEING USED WITHOUT MY CONSENT

So this this is the issue, since January 1st music has been automatically added to my spotify. It's been mostly the same kind of music, trap. Playlist were created, artists were followed, music was downloaded. I did the "Disconnect all devices" and c...

• Casual Listener
  • So this this is the issue, since January 1st music has been automatically added to my spotify. It's been mostly the same kind of music, trap. Playlist were created, artists were followed, music was d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Other device not working (on Sony)

I have a Sony Hap-S1.The spotify not working when I use a mobile, and I choose an other devices, why?The sony and mobile has a new software and the lastest firmware.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Sony Hap-S1. The spotify not working when I use a mobile, and I choose an other devices, why? The sony and mobile has a new software and the lastest firmware.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Controlling Genres

The jazz genres disappeared from web player (bad) but are still on my phone. On the other hand, new genres have appeared that while of no interest, does make me wonder how I might be able to select what I see in the future....How can I control this?

• Casual Listener
  • The jazz genres disappeared from web player (bad) but are still on my phone. On the other hand, new genres have appeared that while of no interest, does make me wonder how I might be able to select w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • genres
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bandwidth usage is too freaking high (1Mb/sec, seriously?)

It makes everything else laggy for me and others using the network. It's not permanent, but it's still annoying. I don't need my music player taking up to 1Mb/sec. I even have to shut it down when it's too annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • It makes everything else laggy for me and others using the network.   It's not permanent, but it's still annoying. I don't need my music player taking up to 1Mb/sec. I even have to shut it dow...
  • zeleyou
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

My spotify will not stop skipping

If I try to play a song on any playlist it skips until the queue empties or it gives up and says cant import local songs. My phone Spotify also cant access any of the songs in the songs category and it prompts me to go to browse to find songs. This a...

• Casual Listener
  • If I try to play a song on any playlist it skips until the queue empties or it gives up and says cant import local songs. My phone Spotify also cant access any of the songs in the songs cat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Digital Cancer

Someone installed Spotify on two of my computers. The HD on my laptop was nearly full, so I decided to uninstall Spotify to gain a little space. What should have taken 90 seconds has overtaken my evening. After trying to uninstall it for almost an ho...

• Regular
  • Someone installed Spotify on two of my computers. The HD on my laptop was nearly full, so I decided to uninstall Spotify to gain a little space. What should have taken 90 seconds has overtaken m...
  • Pissed_Off1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

add a button to clear you f**kin queue.

First it extremely irritating that I have to pay so I can listen to albums I previously purchased on groove. I know that them and you, but still infuriating... Two, I use your app on a Windows phone. And I have constant issues with queued albums. I l...

• First it extremely irritating that I have to pay so I can listen to albums I previously purchased on groove. I know that them and you, but still infuriating... Two, I use your app on a Windows phone....
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! My webplayer is not working

Hello! I use the webplayer on a Windows PC and my acount is not a premium one. About two weeks ago, I was listening to a playlist and my webplayer "frozed" at one of the songs. Since then, I've tried to play other songs and it just doesn't work. I've...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I use the webplayer on a Windows PC and my acount is not a premium one. About two weeks ago, I was listening to a playlist and my webplayer "frozed" at one of the songs. Since then, I've tried...
  • julianarpinho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Filter Podcast by not listened episodes

The option to filter podcast by "all" or "not played episodes" is fantistic, but if you set the filter to only show not played episodes and then listen to the last episode, there is no way to get back to "all".STR:Listened to most of the episodes of ...

• Casual Listener
  • The option to filter podcast by "all" or "not played episodes" is fantistic, but if you set the filter to only show not played episodes and then listen to the last episode, there is no way to ge...
  • NellyLundmark
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Daily mix ignores my preferences.

I'm on Windows 10, Spotify 1.0.52.725.g43b26a8, not that either of those should make a difference, as I don't think the problem is with the desktop program. I don't know how Spotify decides which songs to show in my daily mix, but whatever the method...

• Regular
  • I'm on Windows 10, Spotify 1.0.52.725.g43b26a8, not that either of those should make a difference, as I don't think the problem is with the desktop program.   I don't know how Spotify decides ...
  • FrederikA
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes

Recommended Songs

Hi,I have 186 songs in my playlist (not much), and only 10 of them are Russian, others are English.I dont really listen to russian songs, some of them are pretty good, but I mostly listen to english, like 5% of the songs I listen per week are Russian...

• Hi, I have 186 songs in my playlist (not much), and only 10 of them are Russian, others are English. I dont really listen to russian songs, some of them are pretty good, but I mostly listen to engl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play some local files when they are the next song.

Basically, I have a local file, and if it is the next song in the playlist or queue, it won't play and will give me the message that spotify can't play this file. HOWEVER, if I click on that song to play, it will play. Anyone have any help or soution...

• Regular
  • Basically, I have a local file, and if it is the next song in the playlist or queue, it won't play and will give me the message that spotify can't play this file. HOWEVER, if I click on that song to ...
  • emptyother
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Saut Morceau - Lecture Aléatoire Imprévisible - Absence Son

Bonjoru à tous!Je poste aujourd'hui parce qu'après de longue recherches sur la toile, je capitule.Il arrive à mon Spotify de lancer soudainement la lecture aléatoire de lui même, que je ne peux plus désactiver car il la remet de toute façon ; quand c...

• Bonjoru à tous! Je poste aujourd'hui parce qu'après de longue recherches sur la toile, je capitule. Il arrive à mon Spotify de lancer soudainement la lecture aléatoire de lui même, que je ne peux p...
  • danielborde
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

SXM - Sangue Misto

Ciao, è da qualche tempo che mi è impossibile riprodurre i pezzi dell'album SXM di Sangue Misto. E' un problema che riguarda solo me o non si possono più ascoltare questi pezzi su Spotify? Grazie in anticipo

• Ciao, è da qualche tempo che mi è impossibile riprodurre i pezzi dell'album SXM di Sangue Misto. E' un problema che riguarda solo me o non si possono più ascoltare questi pezzi su Spotify?  Gra...
  • Sagramor81
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes