Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo T460s

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

since some days I have a problem with my Spotify. When I clic on a song I'd like to hear, there only appears a warning that says "Spotify is unabe to play the song right now." I tried to play a playlist or an album and Spotify shows me each song down in the play bar but immedialty changes to the next song and doesn't play it. The mobile app works without problems, the web player doesn't work neither (same problem).

I already reinstalled Spotify and looked at the host file (I read about it in another thread) but I don't know what else I can try... maybe you can hep me 🙂

8 Replies

I have the same issue. Steps I took

- disabled Hardware acceleration
- reinstalled spotify
- looked in %appdata%/Roaming but there was no "Spotify" directory to delete

Still doesn't play. Windows 10.

I'm having the same issue. Tried a fresh install, every time I press play it just moves from track to track but won't play anything. Sometimes it gives an error message that spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I can still listen on my android app, and google home on the same internet connection, but if i try to change listening devices on my phone to my pc it will immediately stop playing.

To me happens exactly the same....

I'm having the exact same issue.  Tried reinstalling. No effect. It was working just fine yesterday. 

Yes. Same error for me when playing via the desktop app. Works in the web browser.

Never had this error in several years of Spotify Pemium.

I upgraded tonight to latest 1.1.21 from 1.1.19. I did not play anything at 1.1.19, just upgraded (as I always do from time to time) and now get the error: Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Windows 10 1909. If I try to play a playlist or album, just skips through each track.

Internet OK. Account OK. Plays in Spotify Web Player (Chrome). Plays to other devices from the Desktop app, but soon as I choose 'This Computer' I get the error.

Roon plays OK to 'This Computer' which is a set of KEF LSX speakers via a Chord Qutest DAC, connected via USB JCAT FEMTO card in PC, USB to Chord, RCA analogue output to KEF.

Amazon Music HD from their desktop app plays OK.

Only Spotify desktop app does not play to 'This Computer'?

Restarted PC, no.

Desktop App plays to other devices so not an app problem?

Other apps, including Spotify Web play to 'This Computer', so not the computer hardware?

Internet is OK.

Stumped?

Any help appreciated.

My system offered me an update today and since installing it Spotify is runinng properly again!!!

What Spotify version?

Fixed (for me). I reset my default device setting in Windows (old) Control Panel, Sounds, Advanced, back down to 192000 Hz. I set it to 384000 Hz previously so that Amazon Music picked up the higher setting.

There are several solutions for this issue, including deleting the cache, renaming the local-files.bnk file, reinstalling the app, so you may need to search around the forums to find the one which works for you.

Suggested posts