For some reason when I use the app, Spotify randomly started to simply not play some songs. It used to also not show half of the content of random playlists or telling me they were empty all together. I have tried to restart my computer, reinstall the app several times, delete/empty the spotify folders in /local and /roaming and I tried turning off "enable hardware acceleration" before playing anything after a reinstall as another post said this might be part of the problem. I also changed to another wifi connection which didn't help either. While my playlists started to work again after the first reinstall, spotify still refuses to play most songs outside of playlists and simply shows empty songs like this without playing anything no matter what I do:
The app worked fine for me for nearly a year so why does this happen now? It is unlikely this is connected to any updates from Windows since the last update has been a while ago and i don't think there is a new update I could do right now either.
I appreciate any help thank you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
You can try checking you hosts file, maybe that's the culprit for this.
You'll need admin rights for editing.
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.
Let me know how it goes 🙂