Edit: this also happens the Linux version.
My Question or Issue
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Spotify
2. Play a song and/or change the volume in app
3. Shutdown/restart the computer (or close it from task manager) while the app is open.
4. When opening the app again, the last played song/volume is not saved. So for example if I had song A as "now playing" at step 1 and played song B at step 2, it's now showing song A, instead of song B.
Note: closing the app by right clicking and pressing exit saves the progress.
I have had this problem for more than an year, on multiple devices, on both the Microsoft Store app and normal app.
There are 3 possible fixes for this:
1. Catch the **bleep** signal Windows sends to apps when shutting down/ending task
2. Save the app state every time a song changes.
3. Save it online. You're able to know all the songs I played in the past 6 years on all my devices, but not the song I played 2 minutes ago on this exact device?
This is making some playlists like daily mixes and discover weekly useless for me. It also makes the service feel unreliable. Does this also happen to new songs in playlists? To my library? The songs I liked in daily mixes? I discovered that the volume doesn't save while writting this.