Free

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So recently my Spotify application has not been working properly with my discord application. Songs that I am listening to on the Spotify app does not show up on my discord status. I also cannot play the songs that my friends are listening to (not the  listen along feature). Lastly, when I try to connect my Spotify to a device like my Google Home Mini, it also does not connects. This problem only occurs on my desktop's Spotify application. 
I have tried
-reinstalling both apps 
-clearing cache
-disconnecting and reconnecting the Spotify integrations 
-enabling and disabling "display status" on discord 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tobby_Kin,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

In case you're using an ad-blocking software, we'd suggest you disable it.

If you're using a VPN, you can turn it off as we don't recommend using a VPN with Spotify as that might affect the functions.

If nothing changes, it's a good idea to reach out to Discord. The folks there can give you more information on how to use Spotify on their platform.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Hey @Tobby_Kin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to confirm, did you try running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app by following these specific steps? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

It's also worth disconnecting again your Spotify and Discord accounts and going to your account's app page to remove Discord from there. You can find the steps here. Then, try connecting them again by following these steps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have tried clearing my cache and clean reinstalling my Spotify and still no luck. I have tried downloading the app from the Microsoft Store but it still does not work. I also tried revoking my Spotify and discord access right now and it is still broken.

Hey @Tobby_Kin,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't do the trick, if possible, could you try using a different connection like a mobile hotspot to see if that makes any difference?

If the issue persists, try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's to see if this behavior persists. This would help us narrow down the possible cause of this behavior.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Thank you for reaching out again. Both methods you described still does not work for me.

Hey @Tobby_Kin,

Thanks for your reply.

I suggested restarting the router, using a different connection and logging in to a different account - could you confirm if you tried all of those?

Regarding the issue when connecting to your Google Home Mini, try also unlinking and linking your accounts again. Make sure to follow the steps in this article.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Thank you for replying again. Yes I have tried unplugging my router and logging into my other account and connecting it to my discord, but it still does not work. I suspect it might be my Spotify's app problem. My discord shows my activity when playing games and when I listen to Spotify on web browser it also shows my Spotify status too.

Hi there @Tobby_Kin,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try removing your hosts file by following these steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for reaching out. I tried your steps but as soon as I got to "etc" part of the folder, it says that "no items match your search". 

Screenshot 2021-05-24 105807.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Tobby_Kin,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

In case you're using an ad-blocking software, we'd suggest you disable it.

If you're using a VPN, you can turn it off as we don't recommend using a VPN with Spotify as that might affect the functions.

If nothing changes, it's a good idea to reach out to Discord. The folks there can give you more information on how to use Spotify on their platform.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried disabling adblocker but nothing changed.
Thank you to everyone who reached out to help me. I will ask support from Discord to fix this problem.

I found the solution to this, its a tray application you have open. Try closing anything that's there that you don't need

WAIT THAT ACTUALLY WORKED SOMEHOW HOW ? che cosa ???

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@chrissallin - we're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

@Tobby_Kin - can you let us know if you still experiencing this?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi. I also have the same problem as discusses. The web version of the spotify shows status on discord while the desktop app version doesn't. I have tried all of the mentioned steps, still doesn't work. Can you please help me with other possible solutions?

Same here. I cannot sync with my phone or set spotify as my status on discord. But when I try connecting from the web, it works. I have tried all the suggestions from here, but it still does not work. 

Hey, so I updated my Windows 10 a few weeks ago and it fixed it. I'm suspecting it to be a problem with the files inside Windows 10. For me, I updated something relating to Windows 21h2 update and I guess it fixed the file. Trying to fix Spotify by doing a clean install, reinstalling discord, or anything that doesn't work for some reason. So best of luck!

I started having the exact same issue on Friday, I believe. I reconnected Discord + Spotify so many times, tried signing out and restarting both. Reinstalling the Spotify app seems to work until I stop listening and next time I do, it doesn't work anymore - it's a temporary fix. On the web browser it works just fine. I was going to attempt to download the app through the Microsoft store instead of the website but I've read here it doesn't work, so I'm not going to bother with that. I've checked and I'm on the same Discord + Spotify versions as my friends and it works perfectly for them.

Tried looking this up when it started happening and this is the first time I see someone also having the issue. I've been suggested to contact support (both Spotify + Discord) and sending both logs. I just wanted to figure out if there's a fix that doesn't require doing that.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

We've gone ahead and passed this info to our tech team. In the meantime, it'd be really helpful if you send us the following:

• The exact Spotify version you have installed on the affected devices along with the OS version.
  • Some screenshots of this behavior.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

I cant sync with my phone or set spotify as my status on discord. But when I try connecting from the web, it works. i've tried all the suggestions from here, but it still does not work. 

Suggested posts